Focal Point
Job opportunities in Houston Texas

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1561073513

January 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
<Tmproff>
Job opportunities in Houston Texas
I am currently working at a large shipping company in Houston Texas that is in the process of outsourcing all of it's IT needs overseas. I was wondering if anyone knew of any companies in the Houston area that might be in need of an experienced WebFOCUS developer.
January 26, 2009, 04:05 PM
Tony A
quote:
outsourcing all of it's IT needs overseas
I'm tempted to suggest that we can look forward to a whole new rush of basic questions soon ......

Good luck with the job hunt!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
January 26, 2009, 05:38 PM
Frans
No, first we will get questions about where to find downloads, and license keys... then we'll get the basic questions Wink

Good luck finding a job Tmproff, maybe next IBI Summit in Nashville can be an opportunity for you!

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
January 27, 2009, 03:36 AM
minos4
Can we regard this as an... AD?

Bad economy, runaway employees...

January 27, 2009, 06:56 AM
Tony A
quote:
runaway employees
Not always, it's normally that the accountants (bless them!) decide that the overall cost is the key option without taking into account the quality of the service that they'll receive through outsourcing. Some outsourcing companies are very good. Unfortunately, as we've seen here, others prefer to win the work and then let their employees learn on the job.

T
January 27, 2009, 09:16 AM
PBrightwell
BJ SERVICES isn't hiring at the moment, but you are welcome to submit your resume. In addition to the City of Houston, Harris County and the Houston P.D., Friedkin Companies, GC Services and Administaff are all WebFocus users. I would also mention CEVA (formerly EGL), but I have a feeling that is where you are coming from. Haven't they learned anything? EGL tried outsourcing part of their WebFocus 3 or 4 years ago and did not get one working project in over 9 months time.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
January 27, 2009, 02:50 PM
<Tmproff>
Thank you all for the responses. Yes I am at CEVA through the end of April...They are outsourcing most of their IT to an offshore company called HCL.

I worked for Administaff for almost 5 years and was offered a job over here at CEVA for a nice pay raise....Hindsight really is 20/20 Smiler

I've known Rena Bond for a few years and she was able to get me in touch with someone over at City of Houston and they said that they had work for me, but it would be on a project basis...

Again, thanks for the leads and keep em commin!