Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]-INCLUDE
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How do I get the -INCLUDE to execute the fex out of a specific Domain; i.e. production vs. my test domain?

-INCLUDE D:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\programm\app\current_term_calculated_terms

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rick Man,

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
-MRNOEDIT -INCLUDE D:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\programm\app\current_term_calculated_terms

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you try this?

-INCLUDE other_domain/app/fex

- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be. I'd swear I did that. Thanks Tom for your quick response.

Reporting Server 7.6.10
Dev. Studio 7.6.8
Windows NT
Excel, HTML, PDF

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In you case that should read:

-INCLUDE programm/app/current_term_calculated_terms

I don't have an MRE environment to play with so I'm not entirely sure that is possible.

- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Welcome Rick. Glad it worked for you...

Back to the Masters... Smiler

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I tried this too. Originally it worked but we have a little twist to it. I have this in the program in MRE:
-INCLUDE transpor/app/trn005la.fex

The problem is that it is a launch page. The launch page displays correctly. When I enter the parameters and click Submit to execute the program that it calls I am getting the message:
ERROR: ERROR_MR_CANT_OPEN_DOMAIN_FOR_USER Can't open domain transpor/transpor.htm for user aaa.

Does anyone have any ideas on this twist?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Posts: 88 | Location: Seattle | Registered: March 29, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The MRE user must have access to all domains that are referenced. For example, suppose a user has access to domain A but not domain B. I you have a procedure in domain A that -INCLUDES a procedure in domain B, you would get this error. If you give the user access to domain B as well, this would solve the problem.

In a couple instances in our environment, we could not give the user straight-up access to the other domain, so we had to create a common domain - so users of domain A have access to domain A + the common domain and users of domain B have access to domain B + the common domain.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It would probably be helpful to understand our purpose of doing this. We want to provide limited access to reports in another domain (with that domains owners permission) but not all the reports. That's why I setup another domain with -INCLUDE for specific reports. We don't want to duplicate the program code as that can get messy. Any ideas how to avoid duplicating and limiting access to a domains reports?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05M, gen 144, Windows 2008 Server R2 64-bit, Tomcat 6.0.33, IIS 7.0, SQL Server, Excel 2013, PDF, HTML, FOCUS files.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, you can't give access to only part of a domain - it's all or nothing. So you could separate that shared components into a new domain that all users can access, or a different approach would be to just add a URL object into a domain which points to the launch page in the other domain. This would use the IBIMR_drill=RUNNID parameter to allow access.

Here's an example:
//servername/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_domain[i]domain0/domain0.htm[/i]&IBIMR_action=MR_RUN_FEX
&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_STD_REPORT
&IBIMR_fex=app/[i]launchpage.htm[/i]
&IBIF_ex=app/[i]launchpage.htm[/i]
&IBIMR_drill=RUNNID
&IBIMR_flags=
&IBIMR_folder=[i]#foldername[/i]
&IBIMR_random=

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
For that to work I believe the user would need to have security access to the shared domain plus the full domain. If that's the case then I don't think that would work either. I'll try testing it and let you know the results. Thanks Darin.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Darin,
What is the [i] for? What would I replace it with?
Thanks, Bob

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry - those were left over html tags to italicize those sections. You can eliminate those completely. Items within those tags would be replaced with your domain, folder and html file names.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Gold member
posted Hide Post
We ended up having to create a new domain that contains the programs that we wanted to limit access. We couldn't find any shortcuts. When we move to WF 8.x we will have better alternatives for this. Thanks to all that responded.