Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Saving output of report inside Content Tree

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Saving output of report inside Content Tree
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way to save the output of a report (HTML, PDF, Excel, etc.) inside your environment (Content) tree?
Say for example we have this:

TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

Can we save the html somewhere inside WF Content to access at a later date?
The html would display all the countries (the output of the report).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Master
posted Hide Post
I opened up your test code using App Studio, then I clicked the "Format" tab and then I clicked the "Destination (SAVE)" button in the ribbon area. Then I chose "Save File". Below that is an option to browse to a folder and choose a file name for the output.

But here's the catch: It saves to the Data Server/Reporting Server (EDASERVE for me), not the Content area.

Is that something you can work with?

TABLE FILE CAR
BY  CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SAVE AS 'test/car.htm' FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Squatch,

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way to specify a specific location to save this? Or a way to save inside the content area?

A lot of our users will not have access to EDASERVE.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can send output to the Content area. The Content area is presented to us as if it were a normal file system, but it's actually a database. So there is a process that WebFOCUS goes through to store your content there, so I doubt that you can send output there.

However, I believe you can copy items from the data server/reporting server to the Content area manually.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick responses.
We are able to save HTMLs with a Save Selection button in our content area. Is there something like this for report outputs?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
This may be a question for Techsupport.

From my perspective, if its an HTML report, then I think you could, but it won't be easy.

Just consider that the Reporting Server is separate from the Web client.

The idea I had is to use RESTful WebServices to write back to the content folders from the reporting server.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you use the "Differ" report execution option, the result is saved and kept the number of days according to the configuration (the default is 30 days if I remember well).

But the inconvenient is that the user has to "go" somewhere else (Differed status screen) to see the report result.

It may be an option until NFR become available...

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The standard way to do this is to schedule the report with distribution to the repository.
You can also run Deferred then save the result in the repository.
Another way is to save the output locally on your pc and then upload it.

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsmark:
The standard way to do this is to schedule the report with distribution to the repository.
You can also run Deferred then save the result in the repository.
Another way is to save the output locally on your pc and then upload it.

Doh! I think that's the correct answer.

But because the original poster provided code, I assumed it was desired that the code itself determine where the output goes. Looking back over this thread, however, makes me think that might not be true.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs