Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dynamic Combo Box help needed!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dynamic Combo Box help needed!
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi all,

I want to add a Dynamic Combo box to my html screen for an existing report but I am having some problems. We haven't used dynamic Combo boxes before, but I thought one would serve my current change request perfectly.

As I wasn't sure how to code one I created a new Html form using Developer Studio 765 and added a Dynamic Combo box reading one of our small files and it works fine. I then viewed the source and tried to copy the scripts and combo box statements into my existing Html, but it doesn't populate the combo box.

Our current reports were developed using 535 and if I try to edit using the Layout Painter it fails to open stating it was made using a previous version.

Here is the code that the Layout Painter created for me:

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "764";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>

<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 340px; WIDTH: 150px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 320px" tabIndex=1 name=combobox1 datasource="PRICE_FILE.mas" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeMaster" ibic_server="EDASERVE" ibiapp_app="dev" displayfield="PRICE_FILE.PRICE_CODE" datafield="PRICE_FILE.PRICE_CODE" ibiformat="A4" dfformat="A4"></SELECT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_loader type=text/javascript>
doBeforeLoad();
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Are there some particular parts I can strip out that I must have? I have tried to 3 times making sure I include everything and it fails to load?

Is there any easier way or a way to make the Layout Painter open my older html?

Thanks

Mark

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you not recreate the HTML screen in the new layout painter? I don't think copying pieces of a new screen and pasting it into an existing previous version screen will work, most likely neither will getting the new layout painter to open a file created by the old layout painter.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
v5 and v7 are vastly different.
i agree w/ Francesco...
the only way is to rebuild it in v7.
your code above contains only a select box, for your parm.
you'll see in v7 that you generate an entirely separate section of code, in addition to and separate from your select statements, for each parm. its all about Ajax.
Your page looks pretty straight forward and would be easy to regen in v7.
you'll like it, we promise.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

The code I posted was just purely to see how 765 created a dynamic combo box. The screen I want to add it to is pretty complex with many inputs but also some custom controls that were developed a few years ago by IBI for our use.

I will see if I can copy all of the code into my new shell above.

Thanks

Mark

WebFocus 765. iSeries v5r4

Posts: 175 | Location: England | Registered: April 11, 2006Report This Post