Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] EXL2K Report in Internet Explorer without Excel toolbar

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] EXL2K Report in Internet Explorer without Excel toolbar
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

Does anyone know how can I get the Excel toolbar when I generate an Excel report in Internet Explorer?

Thanks
May

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

May

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 Servlet
- MRE/BID/Self Service/ReportCaster
- MS Windows Server 2003
- MS SQL Server 2005
- DataMigrator 7.6.9

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can't force WebFOCUS to display a toolbar, but when the Excel 2000 report is open in Internet Explorer, you can do the following:

View > Toolbars > Standard
View > Toolbars > Formatting

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Francis,

Thanks for your reply. But when I click on the view, there is no reaction. Why?

May

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 Servlet
- MS Windows Server 2003
- MS SQL Server 2005
- DataMigrator 7.6.9

Expert
posted Hide Post
You don't see this?

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I don't see this. I can only click on File, Go To, Favourites, and Help.

May

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 Servlet
- MS Windows Server 2003
- MS SQL Server 2005
- DataMigrator 7.6.9

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why you don't see the View > Toolbars option, but the best suggestion is to Save the file and then open it in Excel.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
May, what release of IE?
In 7 , I see Excel toolbar features and IE features, even when i only have excel xp.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I see the Excel toolbar in the View > Toolbar in IE 6 and Office 2003

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
May,

I guess you are talking about a report run within the Dashboard? If so then the reason that you do not see the minimal Excel toolbar is that the windows tool bar only relates to the parent HTML page. Your Exce; report is within a frame, so you need to get it into a window all of it's own. If you are using "amper autoprompt" then make use of the "Run in a new window" checkbox.

If you are not talking about a report within Dashboard then I would have a word with your support people as it is probably a group policy or change in IE configuration etc.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I submit the report within Dashboard, but the report will be opened to a new window.

I am using the IE 6 and Window 2003 too.

May

WebFOCUS 7.6.8 Servlet
- MS Windows Server 2003
- MS SQL Server 2005
- DataMigrator 7.6.9

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
... I would have a word with your support people as it is probably a group policy or change in IE configuration etc.

This still applies.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The toolbars are apparently available.

What's not working is when you click on Tools or Data menu items. You can't sort the data in an Excel spreadsheet open in Internet Explorer. The other menu items, File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Go To, Favorites, Help, all work.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
You can configure your Internet Explorer to NOT open the Excel spreadsheet in IE but in Excel instead. That would mean that you have to do this for everyone manually.

Two links that explain how to do this:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000462.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162059

Francis

<VenuPalvai>
posted
You can open the report in excel directly outside of IE.

Open Windows explorer.
Select tools--> Folder Options --> File Types--> XLS --> Advanced

Uncheck "Browse in Same Window" option.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Select tools--> Folder Options --> File Types--> XLS --> Advanced
Uncheck "Browse in Same Window" option.

Anybody know how to set this in Vista?

In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 11 | Location: Lynnwood, WA | Registered: November 02, 2007Report This Post