Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Multiple Graphs - BY STATE BY YEAR BY QTR

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Multiple Graphs - BY STATE BY YEAR BY QTR
 Login/Join

<krubi>
posted
I'm trying to create multiple stacked bar .jpg graphs. I need one for each state BY YEAR BY QTRs. There are three years of data. Each year will consist of 4 qtrs stacked on top of each other. I keep getting this message...
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN GRAPH= 15807 PLOT POINTS= 188
(FOC32466) MERGE DIMENSIONS EXCEED THE NUMBER OF SORT FIELDS
How do I resolve this issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Reduce the number of records by summing them first.

What data are you plotting?

If you post a bit more of the fex it might be easier to help.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<krubi>
posted
I am using the code to create a chart for each state. Each chart will contain three stacked bars representing a fiscal year which is divided into quarters.

Part of the problem is that I don't know how to sum the quarters. The data for each month is identified by the end of month date. The only way that I can figure out how to do that is by creating a separate FILE Segment for each with a different WHERE statement.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Depending on the format of the month end date, i.e. is it a smart date such as YYMD, you can convert it to a quarter this way:

QTR/Q=MONTH_END_DT;

You can do this in a define and then sum by this field.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
For a stacked bar graph you need more than one value field.

What I would do is create separate values for each quarter.

Combined with Ginny's quarter suggestion something like

DEFINE FILE ....
QTR/Q=MONTH_END_DT;
Q1VAL/D10=IF QTR EQ 1 THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q2VAL/D10=IF QTR EQ 2 THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q3VAL/D10=IF QTR EQ 3 THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q4VAL/D10=IF QTR EQ 4 THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
END
GRAPH FILE HOLD 
SUM 
Q1VAL
Q2VAL
Q2VAL
Q4VAL
BY REGION
ACROSS YEAR
here you need a setting to get a separate graph for each region
END

I hope this helps.

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<krubi>
posted
Frank,

The quarters will be the data for a specified field, XXX, for three report months - A, B, and C. The graph will contain three years of data so, I must specify which year the quarter belongs to - FY2007, FY2008, or FY2009. I realize that I need to define the quarters, but I'm not sure how to do it based upon a field for particular dates.

Report This Post
<krubi>
posted
WebFocus does not like VALUE... And I need to tell the code which field I want this data for.

QTR/Q=RPT_MONTH;

Q1VAL/D10=IF RPT_MONTH EQ '10/27/06' OR '11/24/06' OR '12/29/06' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q2VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '01/26/07' OR '02/23/07' OR '03/30/07' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q3VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '04/27/07' OR '05/25/07' OR '06/29/07' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q4VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '07/27/07' OR '08/31/07' OR '09/28/07' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;

Q5VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '10/26/07' OR '11/30/07' OR '12/28/07' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q6VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '01/25/08' OR '02/29/08' OR '03/28/08' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q7VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '04/25/08' OR '05/30/08' OR '06/27/08' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;
Q8VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '07/25/08' OR '08/29/08' OR '09/26/08' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;

Q9VAL/D10 IF RPT_MONTH EQ '10/31/08' OR '11/28/08' OR '12/26/08' THEN VALUE ELSE 0;

YEAR/A8=IF Q1VAL OR Q2VAL OR Q3VAL OR Q4VAL THEN '2007'
ELSE IF Q5VAL OR Q6VAL OR Q7VAL OR Q8VAL THEN '2008'
ELSE IF Q9VAL OR Q10VAL OR Q11VAL OR Q12VAL THEN '2009' ELSE 0;

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
krubi

VALUE was ment as an example field I also could have used "field" or "whatever"
I do not know the names of the field you are using because you did not post any code by yourself until now.

So replace "VALUE" in your code with the field you have in your dataset.

Frank

<krubi>
posted
I replace VALUE with the field name. Now I receive this error...

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 21 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
(FOC251) COMPUTATION STATEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED. RETYPE ENTIRE LINE
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 22 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 23 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 25 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 26 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 27 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 28 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 30 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 32 IN PROCEDURE _kr_onepagerforsta
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: Q2VAL

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Without meaning to cause offence, you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

You have no equals signs in your defined fields (which is causing some of your error), and your define for YEAR makes no sense and is mixing alpha and numeric values.

You have several options, read the manuals, try creating your code again using the GUI or get some training. (I'd suggest you start with training) You really need a thorough understanding of the basics before you can expect to follow responses posted on this forum.

We're all happy to help, we cannot however teach you.

WF 7.6.11
Output: HTML, PDF, Excel

Posts: 123 | Location: UK | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Krubi,

Please tell us what the format of the RPT_MONTH field is. You can look in the master to get that information. Is it A6MDY, YYMD, etc?

Depending on that information, it will be much easier for us to help you with your defines.

And, minimally, do some reading on date formats. There is a much easier way to code what you have above than what is there.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please post the whole fex and the master.
Else I can't help you....

Frank