Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Active HTML - IE Performance

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Active HTML - IE Performance
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello everyone

We are having problem displaying AHTML report in IE browser. I know Active reports used to have record limitation of 5000 and may be 20,000 later in IE.
As of now, what are the limitations for Active report in browser?

Users are trying to display lot of records and browser is freezing. So, I would like to know the limitations and best practices (Active Cache/CACHELINES/Lines-per-page) for Active reports to improve performance.

Please suggest.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8206
All formats

Posts: 95 | Registered: September 13, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Two suggestions:

1. Convince every needful individual to move your company away from IE use. It has been deprecated for the Edge browser. Even so, I would use Chrome or Firefox.

2. Do not use AHTML/ADF. Use DataTables.js instead. Looks better, has better functionality, etc. Taps out at about 60K cells before it has troubles.

Until the above is doable for you, here is the link to the documentation for it: Active Technologies

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try reducing your CACHELINES setting to 1000.
https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...rce/design_apps2.htm

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolGuy:
Two suggestions:

1. Convince every needful individual to move your company away from IE use. It has been deprecated for the Edge browser. Even so, I would use Chrome or Firefox.

2. Do not use AHTML/ADF. Use DataTables.js instead. Looks better, has better functionality, etc. Taps out at about 60K cells before it has troubles.

Until the above is doable for you, here is the link to the documentation for it: Active Technologies

Thanks for your suggestions sir.
I already mentioned point 1 to them but I don't have much hope on that. Never knew about datatables.js. I will look into this.
If you have readily available, can you post an example with CAR file?

Thank you.

WebFOCUS 8206
All formats

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
Try reducing your CACHELINES setting to 1000.
https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...rce/design_apps2.htm

I will try this babaknyc. Thank you.

WebFOCUS 8206
All formats

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thread on code way of integrating it (somewhat old though):
Code way

Thread on the extension available via Github:
Extension via InfoAssist way

You can find more on this by searching the forums for DataTables.js

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post