Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Javascript
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to obtain values out of a FOCUS query, display them in a Javascript window with the ability for the user to select one of the options in the window, and then pass that value back to FOCUS?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 5.1
Windows
Excel, HTML and PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes.

You may wish to provide more detail of what you'd like to do.

You can write a WebFOCUS program (fex) that runs another WebFOCUS program that contains HTML and JavaScript. The HTML and JavaScript in this second program can call a third WebFOCUS program, passing the selections.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about parameters for the WebFOCUS job ?

If so there is a lot about Autoprompt.

You cna also build your own launch page. A little HTML and Javascript knowledge would be needed.

As you are on WebFOCUS 5.1 your options are limited.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis, you are too quick.

Or is it I spent too much time fixing my spelling errors.

Big Grin

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
fixing my spelling errors

You cna also

Really?

Big Grin Big Grin

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I did not see that "5.1" version!

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a spell check could be added to the forum ? Smiler

As for 5.1, all the calls should still be the same, things like Autoprompt will be very simple.

I think an HTML page in a Fex is the best way to go.

Are there any more spelling errors ?, I think my fingers have dementia. Confused

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
This is the code I am trying to modify.

TABLE FILE PASSWORD
PRINT FILE_NAME USER_TYPE USER_ID
WHERE USER_ID EQ '&WF_REMOTE_USER';
ON TABLE HOLD AS SECURITY
END

-IF &LINES GT 0 GOTO KEEPGOING;

-* HTML page displayed if WF_REMOTE_USER is not in the authorization database
-HTMLFORM BEGIN

You are not authorized to access this application. Please contact Mike Miles for authorization.

-HTMLFORM END

-EXIT

-KEEPGOING

-SET &FILE_NAME = ' ';
-SET &USER_TYPE = ' ';
-SET &USER_ID = ' ';
-SET &FILLER = ' ';

-READ SECURITY &FILE_NAME.A05. &FILLER.A03. &USER_TYPE.A04. &USER_ID.A08.

SET PERMPASS = '&FILE_NAME'

-* Changed from APP APPENDPATH NFIP to APP PATH baseapp NFIP to prevent
-* concatenation of an additional "NFIP" to the APP PATH each time a drill
-* down was done.

-*APP PATH baseapp NFIP

APP APPENDPATH data

There are multiple records in the PASSWORD file for the same USER_ID each with a different type of access to the data. I want to be able to display them all on a screen or in a Javascript window and allow the user to select what identity they want to use during the particular session.

WebFOCUS 5.1
Windows
Excel, HTML and PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you require help with your code, please modify your posting, adding
[code]
at the top and
[/code]
at the bottom of your code.

Francis