Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to limit the record return?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to limit the record return?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi everyone, i am having trouble to find a way to limit the record return. I have a program that generates report in excel format. Sometimes there are more than 65K records return which exceeds the excel limit. I tried to use "recordlimit", but it doesn't work the way i expect. My program is shown below.(The CAR file has more than 65k records)

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
RANKED AS 'RANK' BY TOTAL HIGHEST SALES NOPRINT
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
end

IF I put the record limit in the above code, what the system does is to read only the first 65k record, then it does the "summing" and "grouping". I was hoping that it will actually do the "summing" and "grouping" first and if it still has more than 65k records return, send me the first 65k and dump the rest. Is there a way i can make the system processe the data first and then do "simming" and "grouping" afterward? I have done some search in this forum and it does not seem to have solution to my problem. I also tried EXL2K BYTOC, but it crashes the server. Iam running out of idea. Could someone help?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Learner,

WebFOCUS 7.1.6 on Win 2K/IIS 6/ISAPI HTML

Posts: 77 | Location: San Ramon, CA | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can do by HIGHEST 65,000 .

But you could try READLIMIT insead of recordlimit

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Do the summing and grouping against the whole file first, changing ACROSS COUNTRY to BY COUNTRY. Put the results in a hold file.

Then table the hold file as you have it in your post for the car file and put the readlimit in that request.

So it would look something like this:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
RANKED AS 'RANK' BY TOTAL HIGHEST SALES 
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM
SALES
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
WHERE READLIMIT LE 65000
END

or something like that.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ginny,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I actually have already done the first part your posted. Below is the complete code.

TABLE FILE OTHERFILES
SUM
SALES
BY TOTAL HIGHEST TEU NOPRINT
BY MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS CAR FORMAT ALPHA
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 65000
END

If I put "RECORDLIMIT" as shown above, it reads the first 65K records and then do the "summing" and "grouping" and "acrossing" based on the first 65K records. But what i need is to do the "summing" and "grouping" and "acrossing" first and then send the first 65K records and dump the rest. I hope I am confusing anyone.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
READLIMIT : Number of Records actually Read (Perfectly clear with Fix Files). Independant of Filtering
Did not Apply to Focus Data Bases (Multisegments) because Focus stop Reading Children when a Filter rejects a parent, so there is no actual Counting of the Lower Level Segment accessed by the Focexec
RECORDLIMIT : Number of "records" that get through Filtering and are placed in the internal Matrix
(This is 1980's level. Version Nobody remembers ...)
This being Said : Across + By Highest make things difficult (I Use DM to avoid Across, but then, we turn to Focus ++)

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Learner,

You could try to assign a value to each record after doing sum, by and across. And then screen on that column. Consider the following code:
 TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ACROSS SEATS
COMPUTE RECNO/I4=RECNO+1;
ON TABLE HOLD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
END

TABLE FILE HOLD PRINT *
WHERE RECNO LE 6;
END 

This will give you more or less exactly what you want to have, albeit that the columnnames of the across fields are not quite what they should be - but that is a minor issue.

Hope this helps you on your way to a final solution.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
COMPOUND BYTOC would be the best way to handle the information, have you investigated why it crashes the server?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The talk I gave at FUN (Focus Users of New England) contained the code for several ways of limiting data to get a sample.

Some of the methods might help you restrict your data. My slides are posted at http://fun.ibi.com/ follow the presentations link. It's in the Fall 2008 section.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Gold member
posted Hide Post
First of all, thanks for all the responses. Very much appreciated. I have tried all the methods but with no luck. 8-(

First, I used bytoc but got the below error message

==========error message===========

Unknown error occurred.
Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed.
Please investigate reporting server log.

ERROR:

==================================

Then i put a counter in the report with the hope that i would be able to use it to screen out the record, (AFTER the summing, grouping, etc... completed), but it crashes the server too.

DEFINE FILE CAR
TSTCNT/D1=1;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES COMPUTE COUNTINDEX/I11=(LAST COUNTINDEX)+TSTCNT; NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ACROSS SEATS
WHERE TOTAL COUNTINDEX LE 65000
ON TABLE HOLD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
END

TABLE FILE HOLD PRINT *
WHERE RECNO LE 6;
END

Waz mentioned that i should look at the log files and see what happen. Could someone show me where do they reside.

I still hope that there is a way to solve this problem.

Expert
posted Hide Post
The server logs would be in ...\ibi\srv71\wfs on the machine were the reporting server is. However, I seriously doubt whether looking at them is going to help you.

Are you crashing an agent or are you crashing the whole server process?

What I think I would do if I were you is start with a much smaller file, 100 rows or so. Then try to do what you are doing with a much smaller such that you might get error messages instead of crashes. That way you might be able to figure out what you are doing wrong.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi GinnyJakes,

Thanks for the tips. Yes, i just tried it with a much small file, it still crashes. I think i must have used the wrong term.. From the attached error message in the previous post, it seems that the agent has been crashed, not the whole process. But I really don't know why! I thought at first the file was too large for webfocus to handle, but it doesn't seem to be the case because I still get the same error message even the file is much smaller. Do you know what causes the error?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Learner, can you post your code so we can have a look?

Can you replicate this with the CAR file or one of the other sample files?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is just an observation, but I don't see your field 'RECNO' defined anywhere, which you use in your where statement.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
TABLE FILE OTHERFILES
SUM
SALES
BY TOTAL HIGHEST TEU NOPRINT
BY MODEL
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS CAR FORMAT ALPHA
END

Going back thru the stream, I found this piece of code, I think CAR is a protected file. Also, I think it should be BY HIGHEST TOTAL TEU and as LINUS pointed out RECNO isn't defined. I would not recommend doing a BY HIGHEST TOTAL on a file with more than 65,000 records.

Glenda recently posted code for breaking an EXL2K report on 65,000 records. Search on her posts.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes

Posts: 755 | Location: TX | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Very much appreciate for all the suggestions and responses.

Waz, after reading your email, i retested my code and found that the counter i put in the my code doesn't do the job that i would like to, maybe that was the reason that the agent crashed. Thanks for your notes.

Let me explain in more details what i would like to acheive. Let's assume that the excel can only handle 4 rows of records and the user's request returns the six rows of records shown below. How to tell WebFocus if there is more than 4 rows of recrods, only give me the first four records. In this case, only up to US and disregard Korea and Italy.

Highest SalesQ1Q2Q3Q4
1.England40001000100010001000
2.China2000500500500500
3.Japan1000250250250250
US1000250250300200
4.Korea5001003002080
5.Italy20050505050

As I mentioned in the previous post, if I used "recordlimit" ONLY, there may be a chance that China or other countries before the 4th row may not have the the same sales number as it shows here. The reason is the "recordlimit" only reads up to the fourth record before it sums and groups and puts the report together into the across form.

As you probably notice that I also need the ranking in the front as well, which makes it even more complicated.

Can anyone find a solution? Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and resposnes.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Learner,

I think that your best method would be to use a combination of the CNT field and BY HIGHEST. If you want a Rank prior to the first column then you may have to perform an additional pass.

EX -LINES 5 EDAPUT MASTER,LEARNER,CF,MEM,FILENAME=LEARNER, SUFFIX=FOC,$
SEGNAME=ONE, SEGTYPE=S1, $
  FIELD=COUNTRY,     ,A10  ,A10  ,$
  FIELD=QUARTER,     ,A3   ,A3   ,$
  FIELD=SALES,       ,D12.2,D12.2,$
-RUN
MODIFY FILE LEARNER
FREEFORM COUNTRY QUARTER SALES
DATA
England,Q1,1000,$
England,Q2,1000,$
England,Q3,1000,$
England,Q4,1000,$
China,Q1,500,$
China,Q2,500,$
China,Q3,500,$
China,Q4,500,$
Japan,Q1,250,$
Japan,Q2,250,$
Japan,Q3,250,$
Japan,Q4,250,$
US,Q1,250,$
US,Q2,250,$
US,Q3,250,$
US,Q4,250,$
Korea,Q1,100,$
Korea,Q2,300,$
Korea,Q3,20,$
Korea,Q4,80,$
Italy,Q1,50,$
Italy,Q2,50,$
Italy,Q3,50,$
Italy,Q4,50,$
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE LEARNER
SUM SALES AS COUNTRY_SALES
 BY COUNTRY
SUM SALES
 BY COUNTRY
 BY QUARTER
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM MAX.COUNTRY_SALES AS 'Highest Sales'
    COMPUTE CNT/I3 = IF COUNTRY NE LAST COUNTRY THEN CNT + 1; NOPRINT
 BY HIGHEST 4 COUNTRY_SALES NOPRINT
 BY COUNTRY           AS ''
SUM SALES             AS ''
 BY COUNTRY_SALES
 BY COUNTRY
ACROSS QUARTER        AS ''
WHERE TOTAL CNT LE 4
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Will give you -

Q1       Q2       Q3       Q4 
          Highest Sales     
-----------------------------------------------------------
England        4,000.00 1,000.00 1,000.00 1,000.00 1,000.00 
China          2,000.00   500.00   500.00   500.00   500.00 
Japan          1,000.00   250.00   250.00   250.00   250.00 
US             1,000.00   250.00   250.00   250.00   250.00 

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, nice to see you using EDAPUT.

I've butchered Tony's example to return an XLS with multiple tabs.

Check it out an see if it works.

SEGNAME=ONE, SEGTYPE=S1, $
  FIELD=COUNTRY,     ,A10  ,A10  ,$
  FIELD=QUARTER,     ,A3   ,A3   ,$
  FIELD=SALES,       ,D12.2,D12.2,$
-RUN
MODIFY FILE LEARNER
FREEFORM COUNTRY QUARTER SALES
DATA
England,Q1,1000,$
England,Q2,1000,$
England,Q3,1000,$
England,Q4,1000,$
China,Q1,500,$
China,Q2,500,$
China,Q3,500,$
China,Q4,500,$
Japan,Q1,250,$
Japan,Q2,250,$
Japan,Q3,250,$
Japan,Q4,250,$
US,Q1,250,$
US,Q2,250,$
US,Q3,250,$
US,Q4,250,$
Korea,Q1,100,$
Korea,Q2,300,$
Korea,Q3,20,$
Korea,Q4,80,$
Italy,Q1,50,$
Italy,Q2,50,$
Italy,Q3,50,$
Italy,Q4,50,$
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE LEARNER
SUM COMPUTE COUNTRY_SALES/D12.2 = SALES ;
 BY TOTAL HIGHEST COUNTRY_SALES
 BY COUNTRY
SUM SALES
 BY TOTAL HIGHEST COUNTRY_SALES
 BY COUNTRY
 BY QUARTER
ON TABLE HOLD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
END
-RUN
DEFINE FILE HOLD
 CNT/I3 = IF COUNTRY NE LAST COUNTRY THEN CNT + 1;
 TAB/I3 = (CNT-1) / 4 + 1 ;
 Tab/A10= 'Group ' || LJUST(3,FTOA(TAB,'(F3)','A3'),'A3') ; 
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM MAX.COUNTRY_SALES AS 'Highest Sales'
 BY Tab NOPRINT
 BY HIGHEST COUNTRY_SALES NOPRINT
 BY COUNTRY           AS ''
SUM SALES             AS ''
 BY Tab NOPRINT
 BY COUNTRY_SALES
 BY COUNTRY
ACROSS QUARTER        AS ''
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET COMPOUND 'BYTOC 1'
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
GRID=OFF, SIZE=9, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony and Waz for the sugguestions. I do very much appreciate your efforts.

Tony, I tried your method but i got the error message as shown below

0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 36710 LINES= 19806
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 95 IN PROCEDURE power102FOCEXEC *
(FOC003) THE FIELDNAME IS NOT RECOGNIZED: MAX.COUNTRY_SALES
BYPASSING TO END OF COMMAND
(FOC009) INCOMPLETE REQUEST STATEMENT

It seems that it doesn't recognize COUNTRY_SALES. I have checked my code carefully but it seems that it matches exactly the same as the one you posted. Not sure why it does that to me?

Waz, I also tried yours. First I tried it with - ON TABLE SET COMPOUND 'BYTOC 1'. It ran and I got the report. But the data are all spread out in different worksheets which is not the way the users want. Also, the agent crashes again when I change
"TAB/I3 = (CNT-1) / 4 + 1" to "TAB/I3 = (CNT-1) / 100 + 1". Then, I took it out and ran again, this time all the data is in one worksheet, but they are not sorted by highest sales. How to make it sort by highest sales?

*By the way, not sure whether it is a factor. The by and across field are dynamic. They need to be flexible. The sample report I posted is only one of the combinations.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Learner,

It should work fine as a straight copy'n'paste. The line SUM SALES AS COUNTRY_SALES will create the field COUNTRY_SALES in the interim HOLD file and so you should not receive that error.

Place CMD TYPE HOLD.MAS as a new line immediately before TABLE FILE HOLD and let me know what the master looks like from the HOLD file.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony, maybe i am just not smart enough. First of all, as I mentioned that the by field and across field are dynamic. So, the data is also dynamic. I was assuming that your code

from line

to ...

Italy,Q4,50,$
END

is just for you to have some data to run against. So, I did not put that in my code when i ran a test. What I did was to translate all the field names in your code into the field names in my code. So, in term of the field names, I am not the same as yours. But the logic should match exactly the same. Not sure that would be the cause of the error message.

Then, I copy and paste everything from

to ...

Italy,Q4,50,$
END

and run it. I get this error message

Error occurred.
ERROR: ERROR_MR_FEX_NOT_FOUND Can't create item object based on provided item key -LINES.fex.

I may have done something stupid that i may not even realize. I am now put the code that i have and hope you can help me to find what i did wrong.

-*************Code starts here**************-

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
SET XRETRIEVAL = ON
SET SQUEEZE = ON

-DEFAULTS &across = 'FOC_NONE';
-DEFAULTS &sortField = 'FOC_NONE';

TABLE FILE ATLI
SUM TEU
BY &sortField
BY &across
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM TEU AS BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
SUM TEU
BY &sortField
BY &across
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
CMD TYPE HOLD.MAS
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM MAX.BYFIELDTEU AS 'Highest Teu'
COMPUTE CNT/I3 = IF &sortField NE LAST &sortField THEN CNT + 1; NOPRINT
BY HIGHEST 100 BYFIELDTEU NOPRINT
BY &sortField
SUM TEU
BY BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
ACROSS &across
WHERE TOTAL CNT LE 100
END

-***************Code ends here*************-

The reason I did not post my code was because i wanted to create something simpler so that it is easy for people to understand. Is there anything i did wrong?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Tony, the reason Learner got a FOC003 was the hold file had the column SALES and not COUNTRY_SALES.

I would assume you have SET ASNAMES = ON in you profile.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I just added SET ASNAMES = ON and it fixes the problem about not recognizing the field name. So, we are at least one step closer now. Thanks Waz for the tips. Although we are one step closer, but i got another error messsage 8-( which is saying that the Agent my have creashed.

Unknown error occurred.
Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed.
Please investigate reporting server log.
ERROR:

I did some more testings and found that the line "WHERE TOTAL CNT LE 100" caused the agent crashed. Why is that? This line is very important because it controls the actual number of records return. What should i do in order to make it work?

Expert
posted Hide Post
If the WHERE TOTAL is causing the agent to crash, then shift the WHERE TOTAL to another TABLE FILE

Although I am concerned that a simple piece of code like this could crash the server.

I have noticed that V7.6.x is very sensitive to errors and then reproting a crash.

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON
SET XRETRIEVAL = ON
SET SQUEEZE = ON

-DEFAULTS &across = 'FOC_NONE';
-DEFAULTS &sortField = 'FOC_NONE';

TABLE FILE ATLI
SUM TEU 
BY &sortField
BY &across
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM TEU AS BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
SUM TEU
BY &sortField
BY &across
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-RUN
CMD TYPE HOLD.MAS 
TABLE FILE HOLD
SUM MAX.BYFIELDTEU
COMPUTE CNT/I3 = IF &sortField NE LAST &sortField THEN CNT + 1;
BY HIGHEST 100 BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
SUM TEU
BY BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
BY &across
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD_2
END
TABLE FILE HOLD_2
SUM MAX.BYFIELDTEU AS 'Highest Teu'
BY HIGHEST 100 BYFIELDTEU NOPRINT
BY &sortField
SUM TEU
BY BYFIELDTEU
BY &sortField
ACROSS &across
WHERE CNT LE 100
END

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz, it seems that no matter how I arrange it, the ACROSS AND WHERE CNT LE 100 don't seem to like each other that much. It works only if I remove either one of them. Not sure whether it is a program or just my machine. I have a small excel file that has all the data. Is there a way to attach the data i have and attach it with this post so that people can look at the data and run a test on it?

Expert
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, the average person cannot attach anything but the text in the post.

You have a couple of options.

1. Put your data and fex in a location exposed to the internet, and put a link to it here.

2. If your data is small emough, post the fex, master, acx and export the excel file to csv and post it all here.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
end

Have you tried
[quote]
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
RANKED AS 'RANK' BY TOTAL HIGHEST 6 SALES NOPRINT
BY MODEL
BY TOTAL SALES
ACROSS COUNTRY
[end quote]
?

WF 7.6.11
Oracle
WebSphere
Windows NT-5.2 x86 32bit

Posts: 398 | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz, haven't had a chance to follow up this issue for the past few days. I just went over the code once again and found out that there is one thing in the code that is different between mine and yours, and it is the where statement. Somehow i put "WHERE TOTAL CNT LE 100" instead of "WHERE CNT LE 100". The "TOTAL" messes up the program and causes the agent crashed. As soon as i take away the TOTAL, it works. I really wanted to say thank you for all of your help as well as other people in this forum who have helped out.
RSquared, thank you for your suggestion too. I indeed have tried your suggestion. Thanks again everyone!