Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Drop Down List - execute report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Drop Down List - execute report
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if there's a thread that discusses how best to execute a report from a drop down list? Let's say that I have three reports that I allow user to select from the drop down list. Once the user select the report type, it should execute a fex or another html page. For now, the report will be created in MRE.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Phillip,

I can't recall a thread on that subject but I would be inclined to add an "onchange" event to the combo box that calls a javascript function, that in turn sets various parameteres and control values before issuing a form.submit();

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Phillip

Tony has a good approach. However, if you are uncomfortable with javascript, another approach maybe is run just one FEX from the onchange, and then, from that fex, choose the focexec to run based on the value passed from the list box and run that focexec.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank for all responses. I'm okay with javascripts. Can either of you provide a simple example?

posted Hide Post
Also, once a user make the selection from the drop down list, it should automatically either execute a fex or launch another html page.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Whilst I'm happy with the js, I do not use MRE. I know there are threads here that discuss the parameters required by MRE which could be investigated, and if you're happy with js yourself you should be able to link the two things together.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post