Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Coordinated Comound Report Merge = ON missing sort value

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Coordinated Comound Report Merge = ON missing sort value
 Login/Join

posted
I have looked over some of the other examples on here on the coordinated compound report but haven't found what will fix my situation.

I have a series of 8 componet reports that are all being sorted by Region. I know the SET EMPTYREPORT = ON or ANSI is supposed to print a shell of the report if data is missing but I am not seeing this happen when only 1 or 2 of the Sort Values is not present in the report.

Is there a way to have it print the heading of the report when the component as a whole has data but not every sort value is present?

For Example if my primary sort is by country but report 2 only has 3 of the 5 countries, how do you still show a shell for the missing countries instead of just a blank space.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.09
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
SET EMPTYREPORT = ON/ANSI
will generate one heading for the empty report To generate one page for each primary sort column, you need data rows.

This is what I would do:

Hopefully each of your 8 component reports are based on a HOLD file.

After the HOLD file is created, create another HOLD file which must include one row for each of the primary sort columns - it must have the same number of columns with the same column formats as the original HOLD file. Then create the report as usual, but add the following two lines to just before the END statement:

MORE
FILE second-hold-file-name
to include the rows for each of the (possibly missing) primary sort values.

This is an example of how I can add rows to a report for non-existant primary sort columns:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
SALES
LENGTH
HEIGHT
WIDTH
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON TABLE HOLD AS H001
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
PRINT
DEPARTMENT NOPRINT
COMPUTE COUNTER/I1 = COUNTER + 1; NOPRINT
COMPUTE COUNTRY/A10 = 
     IF COUNTER EQ 1 THEN 'CANADA'
ELSE IF COUNTER EQ 2 THEN 'RUSSIA' 
ELSE IF COUNTER EQ 3 THEN 'ARGENTINA'
;
COMPUTE CAR/A16= '';
COMPUTE MODEL/A24 = '';
COMPUTE SALES/I6 = ;
COMPUTE LENGTH/D5 = ;
COMPUTE HEIGHT/D5 = ;
COMPUTE WIDTH/D5 = ;
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 3;
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE HOLD AS H002
END

TABLE FILE H001
SUM
SALES/D10S
LENGTH/D10S
HEIGHT/D10S
WIDTH/D10S
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL

MORE
FILE H002
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post