Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] My Folder in BI portal

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] My Folder in BI portal
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
We have a BI Portal using 8007 in which there are multiple pages with reports on them. Users have been asking how to save report parameters so they can rerun the reports again. I know in WF 7 that there was a "My Folder" functionality where you could save reports with parameters so they can be reran. Is there functionality in WF 8 like that?

Is it something to do with security? If so is there a specific role that the user has to be set at so that they can have a view of just their saved reports.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
In Webfocus 8 you right click the report and add to favorites. They would also need the display favorites and save procedure parameters privileges.

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will give this a try.

When you say right click on the report and add to favorites, that's different then the browser favorites correct?

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF

Posts: 41 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: September 14, 2012Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Correct, Depending on what permissions your users have they would right click and see run at a minimum

There is also a way to save parameters etc.. by adding a button to your actual code. So when they run screen pops asking for parms and they you can add a save button here. Just another option

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I tried through security by adding display favorites and save procedure permissions, along with some others.

I also tried to add a "Save Selection" button from App Studio and when it pops up once I run the report, it doesn't save the report anywhere. Is this the button that you were referring to or were you referencing another button with some javascript added to it.

Windows 7
Excel, AHTML, HTML,PDF