Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Copyright Symbol in HTML

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Copyright Symbol in HTML
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi All,
I have tried to include a copyright symbol in an HTML file which is in fex file.
This is HTML code which is part of fex file.

<html>
<form></body>
<td ID= "footer"> [B]copyright Symbol[/B] Copyright [2009-2010] SDR Corp. All Rights Reserved</td></tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM CLOSE

I have to insert the copyright symbol in this code("copyright symbol" as shown by Bold)
I have tried to add like © which is used in HTML, but it doesn't work also i have tried to paste the © symbol directly, but it does not help.
Does anyone have used it earlier.
or has any suggestion.
Any Help would be greatly appreciable..

Thanks In advance...
Anmol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus7.6.2, WebFocus 7.1.1,Windows
HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Not really a WebFOCUS question, but the answer is to use one of the many tokens such as
&nbsp; for non blanking space
&copy; for copyright
&amp; for ampersand

Etc. etc. etc.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tony Thanks for the reply..
I think this the question is of the webfocus only..
and as suggested by you to use
© for copyright.
but I have tried it already...but it's not getting displayed..nor the   works..
please understand that this HTML is embeded in Fex file.
I think webfocus doesn't understand this special symbols of HTML..
If anyone has know this issue...then please let me know..
Thanks in advance..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anmol,

HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
Then escape the & in your fex by -
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM COMPUTE COPYRIGHTSYM/A7 = '&|copy;';
    COMPUTE EUROSYM/A7 = '&|euro;';
    COMPUTE POUNDSYM/A7 = '&|pound;';
    COMPUTE YENSYM/A7 = '&|yen;';
 BY COUNTRY
HEADING
"&|copy; copyright symbol used in a heading"
END

This is something that has been mentioned many a time before.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony for your response.
Issue resolved...
Many Many Thanks for the help...

Anmol..

HTML, PDF and Excel

Expert
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.

So that you understand why this works, remember that WebFOCUS uses the & to signify a variable. To pass the entire token to HTML without WebFOCUS interpretting it, you have to separate the & from the rest of the token but keep the two components together. The pipe symbol or soft concatenation does this for you. So the &|copy; in WebFOCUS is passed to the HTML as &copy;.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,