Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Need to have output as mentioned below.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Need to have output as mentioned below.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I'm new to Web Focus & I have a requirement where in I have to show the result in the following way.

Here Columns Names are :
Department :- MIS, Production
First_Name :-
Last Name :-
Job Desc :-
Sal :-

and the table is as follows.

Here I have to group with respect to "DEPARTMENT" & I have to retrieve the count of "JOB_DESC" ( Number of Managers, Asst.Mgrs etc )in the Subtotal or in SubHeading.

Department First_Name Last_Name Job_Desc Sal
-----------------------------------------------
MIS as asd Manager 10000
rew ree Manager 25001
buyv joh Asst.Manager 10
tfcy yfy Secratery 5000
Name Of Dept: MIS Count Of Mgr :2
Count Of Secratery : 1 Count Of Asst.Mgr :1
------------------------------------------------
Production ws ad Manager 10000
mw rae Asst.Manager 25001
ads joh Asst.Manager 10
tfcy yfy Secratery 5000
Name Of Dept: Production Count Of Mgr :1
Count Of Secratery : 1 Count Of Asst.Mgr :2
------------------------------------------------

Can anybody guide me how to achieve the above result.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moju,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Moju, Prash

You both ask the same question. What is that for, doing a webfocus competition and see who is the quickest to solf this.....

Did you have tried this your self?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post