Focal Point
[SOLVED] SQL Server Does Not Exist or Access Denied Error

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1647017686

June 13, 2017, 09:51 PM
Rozalind
[SOLVED] SQL Server Does Not Exist or Access Denied Error
Today about 1pm some users started receiving the following error. We had not made any changes, so I am not sure what is going on. The weird part is that at this same time it started using the sql browser with a different port at this same time. Any ideas would be helpful.

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 17 (HEX: 00000011) XOPEN: 08001 : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: [08001] [DBNETLIB][ConnectionO : pen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 13, 2017, 10:18 PM
Waz
Weird,

Could there have been firewall changes ?

Are the users affected on different subnets or locations ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 15, 2017, 10:43 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Rozalind

First of all welcome to Focal Point, it is a great resource for helping with development questions.

I am not clear on what you mean that the sql browser with a different port. The port is part of the adapter connection string so verify that the port has not changed under the covers.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
June 16, 2017, 12:53 PM
Rozalind
It looks like it was somehow firewall related. I am not sure why it switched ports all of a sudden, because in looking at the history for the last week it was always using a different port prior to that.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs