Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Printing Page numbers in a compound report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Printing Page numbers in a compound report
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,

I am new to Webfocus, and have a question relating to printing page numbers on a compound report.

My scenario.

I have a compound report that is built up from 4 reports. I would like the page numbers to be printed at the bottom of each page.

The report is COMPOUND OPEN NOBREAK, as the users require to see all individual reports following on from one another.

As the physical page break can occur on any of reports 2,3 or 4, how do I code in the page break to appear at the bottom of the page.

I have seen that this topic has been looked at before, and I have tried to use the code/variables shown. My problem with them, is it appears to place a page number at the bottom of each report, and not just at the bottom of the physical page.

Am I doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

FYI, we are using 5.3.3

Regards
Nigel

Posts: 6 | Location: France | Registered: July 13, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
SET PAGE-NUM=OFF At the top of report
Then add this footing.

FOOTING BOTTOM "<20><TABPAGENO"

You will have to play with the position of the page number. Also...I do no know if this works on a compound report...but here's a start for you.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prairie.

Whilst that works fine for most reports, it does not really work for a COMPOUND NOBREAK report as it seems to place the page number on the footer of each part of the report as opposed to just at the bottom of the physical page.

As each sub report can finish anywhere on the page, I only want the page numbers to be printed once on each page.

Posts: 6 | Location: France | Registered: July 13, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Nigel,

As you have found, using <TABPAGENO and <TABLASTPAGE issues page numbers by report not by physical page. That is because the code is held within each report individually and not related to the whole compound report.

You need to SET PAGE-NUM=ON to get page numbering for physical pages. Unfortunately you do not have much control over placement or styling of the page numbers though Frowner . They will always be top left of each page and will be tha format - PAGE 1 - etc.

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if in the latest and greatest version of WebFocus if you can do a
TABPAGENO of TABLASTPAGE in a Compound Nobreak PDF report that actually works on the pages rather than the report??

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prarie
I was in Las Vegas in one of the hands-on labs and we have build a compound PDF with page numbers and a index page. so yes it must be possible. The details on how this should be dome? I hope it is in the manual.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
According to 7.6 Documentation
TABLASTPAGE is supported only for a single report, not pooled or compound reports. A separate page count is generated for each report in a compound report.

Frank - I tried to build a compound PDF report in the PDF painter...and did come up with an Index page - But I'm not one to ever use the GUI...so that did not seem to solve my problem or I did not know what to click on.

Anybody have a thought on how to cheat to get Page of Pages on a compound PDF report?? The report I have has about 12 reports in one that changes daily and total page count ranges from 20 to 50 pages. This was converted from a Crystal Report...and the user insists if Crystal can do it...why not WebFocus.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
In WebFOCUS 7.6, the PDF Layout Painter has an 'Add Page Master' option, where you can insert different pagination options inside a text box within that Page Master.

Page options are Page #, Total # of Pages, and Page n of n

This is also in the 7.6.1 documentation, http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...61appsgt/topic62.htm

Jamie

Posts: 15 | Location: IB - Corp | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well thanks so much.. Smiler

It helps to know where to click. That did actually put page of page in a test compound report....now to apply in real life.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Prarie

I see you have build a compound report 20-50 pages, but how many compounds? graphs also and page and foot headers? overflow pages?
I have large problems to get it done and the GUI always hangs the PC.

Some advices??

Frank

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
In 7.6, have you tried setting the Preview Settings (under the Tools -> Settings option of the PDF Layout Painter) to Simulated Data instead of Live Data?

Documentation is on page 272 at this location - http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde...psgt/wf761appsgt.pdf

Jamie

Posts: 15 | Location: IB - Corp | Registered: May 22, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well I had to go count...this particular one has 26 compound reports in it....with loops!
I inherited this one. It has lots of subheads and subfoots..no graphs...it was not built in the GUI and has had numerous problems in the past. I actually could write a book about it. I've had to adjust widths, put in wraps. This one works good for the Blog fields that are in it.
WIDTH=6.5.
The original report was just a series of -INCLUDES...But that became impossible to maintain...so I put them all in one..and tried to sink them up.
What are some of you particular problems?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well a good manual written by a WF master....

I think I can too and I will start writing it for myself. The experiences I have got in the last few weeks are important to build new reports.

I have created some one page and some multi page reports, with included table and graphs.
The GUI was a nice start, but once it is build you can not reopen it, so I needed to go into the script.
The next step now they work will be how to send them via RC.

Frank

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Oh...That's another book...just cause it works when you run it...can be another story in ReportCaster...my favorite error that only happened in ReportCaster...but was fine manually.
COLUMN TRUNCATED BECAUSE WIDTH EXCEEDS MARGINS; COLUMN: 1

posted Hide Post
I need to put a page n of n on my pdf compound report, so I create a page master and include my compound report by using refrence existing procedure. The compound report runs okay by itself, but after I include it in the PDF layout painter, it only shows the page 1 of 1 and the first line of report which is currrent date ...rest of report goes blank.

Please advise, thanks!

Linda