Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Understanding WebFOCUS repository

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Understanding WebFOCUS repository
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I would like to understand more about the WebFOCUS repository. What I mean by "Repository" is the database/file where the user info gets stored like the username, password, his privileges and access to different domains and reports.

Given this, I have a few questions:

1. What's the default file system for repository? (Flat file, XML file, RDMBS etc)

2. Can I use a RDBMS as the repository?

3. What can be saved and retrieved out of this repository?

4. Can I connect to the repository using a ODBC or any other connection and retrieve information out of it? Is such an access provided by WebFOCUS to directly query the repository and generate reports?

Thanks...

Cheers,
Mohan

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Mohan,

Assuming you are referring to the MRE repository;

1. The default is an HTML file based system.

2. Yes a variety of RDBMS are supported, but not all or any. We use DB2, I know MS SQL is an option, Active Directory and LDAP are other options.

3. This repository is rather specific to MRE, but IBI should be able to provide the DDAs if you don't have them already.

4. IBI provides APIs to Insert, Select, Update, Delete from this repository. Select can be done with you favorite tool.

Hope this helps,

kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX

Posts: 141 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
or are you referring to the Report Caster repository, which is the database type you choose ( focus, oracle, sql, whatever) to keep track of all the scheduled jobs, logs, parameters, email addresses, etc, that ReportCaster needs.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You might look at this thread for an answer to #4. With some help from Francis, I was able to create a master file against the USER.HTM (which is the default MRE repository that you speak of). Once you have a master, then you can write reports against it...

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/3411070661

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post