Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Submit Button Text in AppStudio

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Submit Button Text in AppStudio
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Possibly the dumbest question ever but I can't find an answer.

In appstudio, i added a button to my HTML page. The button text is 'button'. I want the text to read 'submit'. Since I can't set the HTML directly I've tried every properities screen to no avail.

I can set the value of the button to the text I want on the load function, but that does not seem like a good solution.

Can someone please show me the super easy answer to this incredibly dumb question? Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 49 | Location: United States | Registered: April 21, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I have the same issue.

Normal buttons text is set via the value attribute.

But I haven't been able to find the Submit button text either.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ryan,

As suggested by Waz, you'll find the attribute under Miscellaneous / Value -

Waz,

I see what you mean, no value attribute for either the submit or reset type of button. I'll have a dig when I can and let you know what I find!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It's a bit of clicking to do this but it will allow you to change the text.

• Change the Miscellaneous/Type from Submit to Button.
  • Click elsewhere and then back on the button.
  • This will now show the Value attribute.
  • To remove the image, delete the relevant Class Identifier (leave IBI_button).
  • Change the Miscellaneous/Type back to Submit (if you want it to act as a submit button Smiler)

Rider: I have not checked that setting the control back to a submit button actually functions as before you make the change, so you will have to test this yourself before committing your work Razzer My belief is that it should work OK.

I know that folks are going to jump in and say that this is a bug. To which I would reply - "raise it as a case" Wink

T

In FOCUS
    since 1986
    WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
    WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
  •  
    Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
    Expert
    posted Hide Post
    My solution was less elegant.

Edit in external tool, and find the control, then add the text.

Unfortunately after that I get a message stating that the file has been manually modified and there is no guarantee that the tool will be able to open the file in a usable state.

FYI

Tony, I did a similar thing to what you did to access and delete hidden controls on the page.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
    In Focus since 1984
    Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
    Gold member
    posted Hide Post
    Hi All

Don't remove the image by delete the relevant Class Identifier (leave IBI_button). You can overwrite the class by typing the class name and inside the function add background-image: none; in the InLine Stylesheet section. The way you get to the inline styling in App Studio is:
    1 - click on the canvas
    2 -Click the EmbeddedJavaScript/css tab at the bottom of the canvas
    3 -Click the radio button for Internal CSS in the Settings window.
    4 - Type the class and the properties you want.

This is fairly complex but you will really appreciate the code when you get used to it. Also get to learn the F12 Developer Tool in your browser, it will help.

In The Smart Search presentation on Thursday morning at Summit will touch on this topic briefly.

Great stuff to learn.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post