Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] language Change

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] language Change
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I am doing the language change for the first time. I would like to know is there any way of having the report output displayed in French even though my code is in English.

Any help on this would be great

Thanks
Shruthi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

769 Excel,PDF and HTML

Posts: 35 | Location: Bangalore | Registered: March 27, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Shru,

I checked with our technicals and here is the suggestion: You can also try the National Language Support for International Computing 7.1.3 manual (DN4500714.0206).

You can also view and/or download this manual from the i-Base: The Technical Documentation Library.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Shruthi What language you display has absolutely nothing to do with what language you code in.

WebFOCUS is always coded in English
(American English, RAMIS which is what it is based on could also speek ENGLISH ENGLISH)

If you want your report content in more than one language then you have to write the code
to do it and also pass it a parameter to handle it.

Being on 7.1.4 limits what you can do, newer versions have multi-language support for metadata
for column titles but that only helps if your output is against a pre-existing master.
If it's against hold files it's no help.

Any texts in your output that are not data are your responsibility to manage.

The principle issue on WebFOCUS is the NLS configuration.

You need the correct code page.

If you want to support both latin and non latin texts then you need to be WF to be unicode and your data
must be unicode.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A long time ago, so long ago FOCUS ran on dumb terminals attached to a mainframe and a new thing, the personal computer using DOS. I helped create a series of LET statements, so (web)FOCUS could be programmed in French. We also created a French version of the MFD.
It did work and the sale of our service was made to a French Canadian company. Smiler

However I defiantly do not recommend doing it.

Jim Morrow
Web Focus 7.6.10 under Windows 2003
MVS 7.3.3

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Shru,

Please contact me on my e-mail address.
We do this often here, Hebrew/English applications.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Jim, It still runs on dumb terminals.

No matter what platform.

Can you swipe it, can you speak to it?

What's dumb?

3270's were state of art at a certain time.

Biggest mistake IB may have made was not introducing
a GUI for MODIFY.

It was decided Cactus would be the way forward.

That name did not last long.

Basic measure is, try doing half of what WF can do in any other BI tool.

Basic answer is no way.

Faults and all, still the best, certainly from a developers and support point of view.

And most importantly from an end point delivery point of view.

Even average application developers can deliver more in WebFOCUS than PRIMA experts in
competior tools can do.

Report This Post