Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Portal BI-Drilldown - Pages

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Portal BI-Drilldown - Pages
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi there,
I am trying to create a Portal, where I can Filter and where I can Filter in Fexes, sothat others Change.
That Means I want to user "Pages" and "Refresh Bi Portal Drilldowns" in Portals.

So the General question is: does that work? Is it possible to use both Features at the same time?

And if it is possible, are there like Special thinks or commandos I need to know??

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I just tried this in 8203. It doesn't look like you can have a Refresh BI Portal asset in a Page within a Collaborative Portal. It neither works nor errors out. I added the individual charts in a Collaborative BI Portal and they worked fine though. Is there a specific reason you need the chart/reports inside a Page before you add them to the portal? You may want to reach out to IB tech support. Also it'd be great if you share their response with us.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I Need to put it into a page before, sothat I can fiilter many Reports at one time..

But on the other Hand I Need a combined solution + it Needs to be created with Infoassist techniques.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version are you on jenni?

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
jenni, this is a case (and response) that I opened with IBI that might be similar to yours.

Question by me..
I've created a Page using Webfocus Designer and added content that uses Amper variables. I see how I can create filters within the page, but I have an HTML document that I want to use to pass the variables to the page. I've add both the Page and the HTML filter document to a portal, but setting the filters has no affect on the Page. I know that I can add the individual contents that I had added to the Page to the portal and the filtering will work, but is there a way that the Page could recognize the Amper variables.

Response from IBI..
We do not yet offer this functionality but it is a part of our features roadmap for the Page Designer.
We are working towards introducing this added functionality in a later release - possibly the 8204 release of WebFOCUS.

Kind Regards,
Michelle Moody

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.02M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 24, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
So, if I'm hearing correctly, the goal is to pass parameters from the WF Designer built page, to an HTML page before submission to various reports/graphs within that HTML page?

We've always just built the filtering into the HTML page beforehand and just dropped the HTML pages into a portal container after. That way it's loosely coupled from the portal product.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
CoolGuy,

What I wanted to do was to create a WF Designer "Page" with multiple content. But instead of using it's "built in" filtering capability, I created a HTML filter page. I then dropped them into two separate Portal containers. I was hoping to be able to select a filter on the filter page and have it filter the content on the WF Designer "Page". It did not.

What I've done in the past is drop the individual contents into individual portal containers and the filter page into it's own portal container and it all works. But I like the look of the WF Designer "Page" and was hoping to use it.

Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 34 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 24, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Gotchya, I think. So, your HTML filter page does not house your WF Designer page? It's living in a portal container as a sibling to a WF Designer page? Also, are you using a V3 Basic Portal container or V4 Collaborative Portal container?

I agree though, that I hope to see them make it highly interchangeable with existing product offerings. They've got so many layout page options, they really need to make them compatible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It's living in a portal container as a sibling to a WF Designer page. My HTML filter page does not house the WF Designer page. I was not able to do that in App Studio. Doesn't seem to be a feature. I also tried placing the HTML filter page inside the WF Designer page. The WF Designer lets you do that, but the filters don't get applied to the content within the page.

Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Clear as mud. That's no fun. Hopefully they'll implement that feature soon for us, or expand the functionality of the existing preview of WF Designer so it can consume outside data sources. Looks like that's the plan at least. Sorry man!