Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
For field problem
 Login/Join

<kvn>
posted
I'm trying to make a matrix of some data using FOR but it's not showing any tag values. I've concantenated several hold files using USE. Then from the USE hold file it's held into a ALPHA hold file. Is there a reason why it's not showing me any tag values through my hold file? Am I using the wrong type of hold file?

I've used the FOR command in other reports where I didn't need a hold file and it worked fine.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
If your HOLD files are not FOCUS databases then the USE command will not work - it only works for FOCUS databases.

I image that the field names in your HOLD files are identical, you could use the MORE command. TABLE the report off the first HOLD file, write all the code except the END statement, then add
MORE
FILE holdfile2
MORE
FILE holdfile3
etc

I think you can have selection criteria for each of the HOLD files if necessary.

Report This Post
<kvn>
posted
Ok, well am able to report off the USE. So I don't think that's the problem. When I specify a FOR field no tag values show up in the matrix tab.

I tried using MORE but I get a 'error parsing report request. >FILE< FILE Q02HOLDF'

All the hold files are saved as FOCUS format.

CODE:
TABLE FILE Q01HOLD
PRINT
Q01_Q
Q01_YTD_5
Q01_YTD_4
Q01_YTD_3
Q01_YTD_2
Q01_YTD_1
MORE
FILE Q02HOLD
MORE
FILE Q03HOLD
END

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You may need a special file which has the tag values and the parent field for each tag. eg.
FIELD=ACCOUNT, ,,,,$
FIELD=PACCOUNT, ,,, PROPERTY=PARENT_OF,
REFERENCE=ACCOUNT,$
FIELD=TEXT,,,, PROPERTY=CAPTION,
REFERENCE=ACCOUNT,$

This is joined to the data file, eg
JOIN ACCOUNT IN SPECIAL to ALL ACCOUNT IN HOLD
and the Report Painter Matrix painter now has the structure of the tags.