Focal Point
[CLOSED]Can I add ‘WITH UR’ to a synonym

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1687025486

November 10, 2016, 11:30 AM
AprilC
[CLOSED]Can I add ‘WITH UR’ to a synonym
I’m having an issue with a synonym that is running. WebFocus sits on our mainframe because that’s where all of our data resides. I have a synonym that is being executed and is causing several timeouts. The mainframe folks can see the query that is causing the issue. They would like me to add ‘WITH UR’ to the query that is running. Is there a way that I can add that to my synonym? I am fine with the synonym the way that it is other than I need it to include ‘WITH UR’ when it runs. Is this possible? I’m not familiar with synonyms. This is something that a contractor wrote for us. For anything we do today we write custom sql so I’m able to include that parameter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs
November 10, 2016, 11:43 AM
MartinY
I think that you should insure that each fields in the master file have the "FIELDTYPE=R," such as below example :
FILENAME=CAR, SUFFIX=FOC     ,
 REMARKS='Legacy Metadata Sample: car', $
  SEGMENT=ORIGIN, SEGTYPE=S1, $
    FIELDNAME=COUNTRY, ALIAS=COUNTRY, USAGE=A10, FIELDTYPE=R, $

I think that it's the Focus equivalent of "WITH UR"

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
November 10, 2016, 12:30 PM
AprilC
Thank you Martin! I'll give it a try.

WebFOCUS 8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs
November 16, 2016, 03:47 PM
AprilC
Hi Martin, I did try this and it's still not adding WITH UR to my query. It took me a while because I don't know how to see the query until I can get someone on the mainframe side to dig through their reports to find my queries. They were able to locate them and confirmed that they look unchanged.

I added the FIELDNAME=R to all columns in all of the synonyms that I'm using.

Any other ideas?

WebFOCUS 8.1.04
Windows, All Outputs
November 17, 2016, 04:34 AM
WF_IL
Hi

Are you reporting against DB2, the UR might be the isolation level: uncommitted Read (UR),

I think this can be set on the WebFOCUS DB2 adaptor level, the isolation parameter within the connection definition

Yours,
Eran
SRL Products

http://www.srl.co.il