Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Forecast Function
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have a report which I am using the forecast function to generate an extra 3 rows of data in which I created a defined field which I report off of. The problem I am having is that when I try and sent this report out it gives the error:

"COMPOUND REPORT: MISSING CLOSE OR ERROR IN FINAL REPORT"

If I remove all instances of the forcasted field it runs fine.

The only this is that this only happens in report caster but will run completely fine without that error when I run the report off an HTML page or directly from Dev Studio.

Is there a reason for this? Or is there another way I can add rows to a hold file through define or something?

And it is a compound report but it is a report in the middle of about 7 reports so I know it's not missing a close because it shuoldn't be there.

Eric

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This is an example of what I would be trying to accmplish without Forecast I guess where the last 3 rows are defined by me and not what is in the CAR file:

TABLE FILE CAR
BY HIGHEST RETAIL_COST
ON TABLE HOLD
END

DEFINE FILE HOLD
CNT/I3=CNT + 1;
END

TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT RETAIL_COST/D12.2
BY CNT
ON CNT
RECAP NEW_FIELD/D12 = FORECAST(RETAIL_COST,1,3,'EXPAVE',1);
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD2
END

-SET &CNT = &LINES ;

DEFINE FILE HOLD2
FINAL_COST/D12 = IF CNT EQ &CNT THEN -99999 ELSE IF CNT EQ &CNT - 1 THEN 0 ELSE IF CNT EQ &CNT - 2 THEN 1000 ELSE RETAIL_COST;
END

TABLEF FILE HOLD2
PRINT FINAL_COST
BY CNT
END

Eric

Posts: 153 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: February 24, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
your example works with me.
so what is your point?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I know it works, but I need an alternative solution to get the same results without using forcast because my procedure similar to my example will not run in report caster using the forecast function.

Eric

Expert
posted Hide Post
Eric, if the report is NOT a compound report and the error ReportCaster is throwing states there's an problem with the compound report, then this is a bug and there may be a fix for it. Open a case.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It is a compound report, I think it just didn't like the forecast function. I actually found another way to generate the same results more or less jumping through hoops but none the less it runs in report caster now.

But thanks anyway guys.

Eric