Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Propagating Report Changes to Document Canvas
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] Propagating Report Changes to Document Canvas
 Login/Join

posted
How do you propagate report changes to the canvas layout in App Studio 8206? You should not have to re-import the report every time you make a change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Posts: 28 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on this?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Instead of importing use Reference an existing Report.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1658 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC but "Reference an existing procedure" is not working. What I did was delete the other report, inserted another report, and referenced an exiting procedure....and it is not bringing in the report.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound right. Have you opened a case with IB Tech support?

Posts: 1658 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should I have done something differently?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

posted Hide Post
Have not opened a case on this specific issue, but I can.

So you're saying I should be referencing an existing procedure instead of choosing the importing option, and this will allow whatever changes I make to the individual reports to propagate to the document?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes. I always reference.

posted Hide Post
Ok, it finally brought in the reports when I referenced an existing procedure and the changes finally propagated after I did that. however, tt took a while for it to bring the reports after referencing them. Afterwards, I made a couple of additional changes to the individual reports and it took a while for the changes to propagate to the document. It is clunky and temperamental.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

posted Hide Post
When I execute my reports or document in App Studio, it's prompting me log in to the Web environment all of a sudden. This happened on the spur of the moment. Any thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

posted Hide Post
It's probably less clunky and less temperamental to build a document in InfoAssist than to build it in App Studio? Does anyone find it smoother to build a document in InfoAssist than App Studio? Any thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
Windows
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc