Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Propagating Report Changes to Document Canvas

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Propagating Report Changes to Document Canvas
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How do you propagate report changes to the canvas layout in App Studio 8206? You should not have to re-import the report every time you make a change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts on this?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Instead of importing use Reference an existing Report.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks BabakNYC but "Reference an existing procedure" is not working. What I did was delete the other report, inserted another report, and referenced an exiting procedure....and it is not bringing in the report.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound right. Have you opened a case with IB Tech support?

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Should I have done something differently?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Have not opened a case on this specific issue, but I can.

So you're saying I should be referencing an existing procedure instead of choosing the importing option, and this will allow whatever changes I make to the individual reports to propagate to the document?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yes. I always reference.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, it finally brought in the reports when I referenced an existing procedure and the changes finally propagated after I did that. however, tt took a while for it to bring the reports after referencing them. Afterwards, I made a couple of additional changes to the individual reports and it took a while for the changes to propagate to the document. It is clunky and temperamental.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
When I execute my reports or document in App Studio, it's prompting me log in to the Web environment all of a sudden. This happened on the spur of the moment. Any thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It's probably less clunky and less temperamental to build a document in InfoAssist than to build it in App Studio? Does anyone find it smoother to build a document in InfoAssist than App Studio? Any thoughts?

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
SQL Server
HTML, PDF, Excel, etc