Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Export portal contents out

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Export portal contents out
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I created a portal page with left side is selection area, right side has two charts. The top chart has drill-down options. I was able to export both charts to PDF or PPTX. However it only export the parent chart after drill-down. How to change the fex to see what's in the portal before click button to export?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi WebFocusDriver,
I'm not entirely sure I understand you question. It sounds like when you do an export of the top chart it isn't picking up the variable passed from your left side filter selection. If this is true, your export may not be picking up these variables. Have you tried &VARIABLE.QUOTEDSTRING when you execute the export?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 35 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: May 17, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Msondra,

I am able to pass the parameters. Here is what happened:

I create export button on the filter selection side. When user click it, it will export the chart/tables inside the portal to PDF or PPTX. The problem right now is one of the Chart has drill downs. So if the user click the drill-down and like the child chart, if user click the export button, it only can export the original chart not the chart that drill-down to.

So my question is how to identify what's in the portal (such as is it the original chart or the chart that drill-down to) and export the contents and shown in the current page.

Thanks

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like you are using 8.1.05.
When you set your button up to execute requests under the Tasks and Animations tab, it sounds like you are executing the top procedure. If you want to export that procedure and also its drillable children, you will have to set up a request/action for each of them under your export button.

Another solution I've used in similar situations.

Create a separate compound document with the main chart and the drillable charts all in one printable document.

The export button executes this compound document.

Your HTML portal has the information in a drillable format. Your export button provides a report with everything in one document.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Msondra,

Thank you for the quick response. I only need to export button to recognize what in the current page and run the compound document based on that. If it is the drillable parent, Only the drillable parent chart get exported. If the user has drill-down to the children chart, then only the children chart get exported.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
The button is execution is disconnected from what is showing on the HTML page. The drilldown is disconnected from the HTML page and the button. To cue the button that the HTML display has changed, you might be able to flick a hidden variable to different states and then create a procedure that will execute different focexecs depending on the state of the hidden variable. There may be other solutions similar to that.

This is how I handle something like this. If I have only a drillable report on an HTML presentation:
I don't use a button. I put an export link in the report.

1. I set up a default variable named something like this. &PRNTIT.

-DEFAULT &PRINTIT = '';

2. I set up another variable as a -SET
-SET &EXPORT = IF &PRINTIT = 'PRINT' THEN '' ELSE 'Export';

3. In upper left-hand header of the report I put the variable &EXPORT (In a smaller font. This goes above the actual header and below any logo.) Then I use the multi-drill functionality and basically put a drill link behind this. I set up the menu list to be PDF, Excel, PowerPoint. etc.

4. When you set up the filter variables for your drill menu options, add the variable &PRINTIT and set it to the Constant Value = 'PRINT'

5. When you execute this focexec from the menu option in the header and passed &PRINTIT = 'PRINT' the word 'Export' will not show up in the printed version of the report. However, you might see one lone underscore _ showing up.

*You can also set &PRINTIT = '_FOC_NULL'; (Or FOC_NONE), but this many mess with the lines in your header. I would get it working with a blank first and then get fancy.

6. Do this on each chart/report you want the user to print on demand when they see it.

Good luck.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I meant:

*You can also set &PRINTIT = '_FOC_NULL'; (Or FOC_NONE), but this may mess with the lines in your header. I would get it working with a blank first and then get fancy.[/quote]

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Msondra,

Thank you. I was able to add it to report but having trouble adding it to chart in the past.

1. Do you add it to title/subtitle/footnote?
2. How to add it to the left area of the title inside chartframe?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
Windows, All Outputs