Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] In Infoassist can you make column percents based on row total

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] In Infoassist can you make column percents based on row total
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
So here is my question.. if you are using the GUI ( only ) in infoassist, and you have data across and by with counts as sum. Can you get the across columns to show a percent of the row total ? Or are you limited to changeing the code to do that ?

I tried the "percent of count" aggregation function, but that seems to do a percent of the number I am working with not the row total ( so not clear on use of that at all always = 100%) .

Thanks,
Tara

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tara O,

Would it be possible for you to upload a an example of what you are trying to achieve? I think you may be trying to use WITHIN capability which manipulates a display field values as they are aggregated within a sort group, rather than a report group. This feature is available in in InfoAssist as of Release 8.0.04

Thanks,
Vicky Lozovsky

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Why can't you use the RPCT. prefix e.g.

SUM SALES AND RPCT.SALES ACROSS PRODUCT ROW-TOTAL
BY STATE

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Vicki -
Sorry I am not sure how to attach a screen capture. But my table is like this:

Race CA AA TOTAL Location ITEMTOT PCT ITEMTOT PCT ITEMTOT PCT
COMMC 17 17 23 23 40 40

What I want is to use the GUI to get a Percent of the total under PCT.

My code is as follows:
-*COMPONENT=Join_J001
JOIN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.PATIENTID IN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT
TO MULTIPLE PBR_PATIENT_VW.PBR_PATIENT_VW.PATIENTID IN PBR_PATIENT_VW TAG J001 AS J001
END
-*COMPONENT=Join_J002
JOIN J001.PBR_PATIENT_VW.RACEID IN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT
TO MULTIPLE IBI_TABLE_RACE_DESC.RACE_DESC.RACEID IN IBI_TABLE_RACE_DESC TAG J002 AS J002
END
-DEFAULTH &WF_SUMMARY='Summary';
-DEFAULTH &WF_TITLE='WebFOCUS Report';
TABLE FILE IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT
SUM CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPOINTMENTID AS 'ITEMTOT'
COMPUTE pct/I5=CNT.DST.IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPOINTMENTID ;
BY IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.LOCATIONNAME
ACROSS J002.RACE_DESC.NAME AS 'RACE'
WHERE IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.STS EQ 'ATTENDED' OR 'BOOKED';
WHERE IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPTDT GE '&MINAPPTDT.(FIND IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPTDT IN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT).Report Start Date YYYY-MM-DD:.';
WHERE IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPTDT LE '&MAXAPPTDT.(FIND IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.APPTDT IN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT).Report End Date YYYY-MM-DD:.';
WHERE IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.LOCATIONNAME EQ &LOCATIONNAME.(OR(FIND IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT.VISIT_OUT_PAT_VW.LOCATIONNAME IN IBI_VIEW_VISIT_OUTPT)).LOCATIONNAME:.;
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
" PBR Attended / Booked Appointments "
"&MINAPPTDT through &MAXAPPTDT"
"for &LOCATIONNAME "
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE ROW-TOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT=&WF_TITLE.QUOTEDSTRING, SUMMARY=&WF_SUMMARY.QUOTEDSTRING, HFREEZE=OFF, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=1, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=1, ITEM=1, OBJECT=TEXT, SIZE=14, STYLE=BOLD+ITALIC, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=2, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=2, ITEM=1, OBJECT=TEXT, SIZE=14, STYLE=BOLD+ITALIC, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=3, JUSTIFY=CENTER, $
TYPE=TABHEADING, LINE=3, ITEM=1, OBJECT=TEXT, SIZE=14, STYLE=BOLD+ITALIC, $
ENDSTYLE
END

Thanks,
Tara

8002 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not sure how to attach a screen capture

Just take a screenshot using Alt-PrintScr or any other software you may have to do so, save the image in .png format for instance and upload it to www.tinypic.com which will then provide you with a URL you can just include here.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. Here the screen capture

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
[/IMG]

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
can anyone see those? I cant ,but my company blocks images alot so it may just be me.

8002 Windows

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sorry I cant get the image to come up .. but all I want is... imagine a row of data with :
-each month for the across (headers) and
-counts of the number of visits for each month with a total number of visits for the year (data) .
I want to add, next to the count of visits for each month, the % of total year visits that represents. So January 15% of our patients came in ....
Conceptually , that is what I am going for ...any ideas on how to do this from Infoassist?

8002 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you mean something like the following?

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
VISIT_CNT/P6 = 1;     <-- Counter
MTH/M = DATE;
MTH_NAME/Mt = MTH;
END
TABLE FILE GGSALES
SUM
      VISIT_CNT            AS 'Visits'
      RPCT.VISIT_CNT/P6.1% AS '%'
BY REGION
ACROSS MTH NOPRINT
ACROSS MTH_NAME AS 'Visits in 1997'
WHERE DATE FROM 19970101 TO 19971231
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOPAGE
END

If that looks somewhat similar to what you need, I'm confident you can do that in InfoAssist. All that's needed would be to DEFINE a counter field displaying both the SUM. and RPCT. of such counter in a SUM report.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCohen:
Why can't you use the RPCT. prefix e.g.

Sorry, I just noticed this. My previous suggestion is no different than what GCohen had already mentioned to you days ago which I assume you already tried but for some reason didn't work for you.

Unfortunately your description of what your report needs seems like the perfect description for what RPCT. does by default so I don't know how else to help Confused

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes that is exactly what I need..but I want to do it from the GUI ( however your code looks better than what I came up with from a code change standpoint .. so I might plifer off of itSmiler )

8002 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I think this would be the process to follow from the GUI (I'm testing on WF 8.0.05):

1) In your report, add the VISIT_CNT column twice i.e. two VISIT_CNT columns being summed
2) Click on the second instance of the VISIT_CNT column - and the right-click to get your context menu of options for that column
3) Select the "More" option
4) Select "Aggregation Functions"
5) Select the "Row Percentage" option - typically somewhere near the bottom of the list

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server

Posts: 195 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: September 13, 2008Report This Post