Focal Point
[SOLVED] Error rcvd IA when attempting to use a Filter created in Cluster BV - FOC258

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1737076196

September 16, 2019, 01:30 PM
Delana Pellerin
[SOLVED] Error rcvd IA when attempting to use a Filter created in Cluster BV - FOC258
I created a Filter in a Cluster Synonym Business View in App Studio (Version 8206).

Cluster
Fact: Policy Premium Coverage Line
Dims: Coverage Effective Date, Coverage Expiration Date, and Coverage

The purpose of the filter is to identify specific records with dates that are "active" as of the current date.

Filter
COV_EFF_DT_DIM.DT_YEAR_D LE '&DATEYYMTD'
AND COV_EXP_DT_DIM.DT_YEAR_D GT '&DATEYYMTD'
AND COV_CD NE '05'

I can create the Filter and save its Cluster BV without receiving an error in App Studio. However, when I try to run a report that references the filter in Info Assist (Version 8.2.06.02) I receive the following error:

Detail:
ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 24 IN PROCEDURE ADHOCRQ FOCEXEC *
(FOC258) FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED: CLU_POL_PREM_LN_MTH_SNP_F.COV_EXP_DT_DIM.ActiveCovAsOfToday

(FOC009) Request failed validation, not executed.

In the past I have dabbled in the "WITH" property to bypass this error, but in this instance if I try to set the "WITH" property (I tried the Fact first, then each Dim) I get a generic error message when I try to save the cluster in App Studio.

(FOC000) ERROR MESSAGE TEXT MISSING: -21
Clicking on the FOC hyperlink gives "No Detailed information is available for the error FOC0"

Ultimately, after researching the intent of the WITH property some more, it seems I should leave the WITH property 'blank' since I am using three different synonyms in my filter. NOTE: Even though my "WITH" property is left blank, App Studio drops the Filter in a child synonym tree regardless (by default it chooses COV_EXP_DT_DIM), hence why the info assist FOC Error identifies the location as the COV_EXP_DT_DIM.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Application Edition
SQL Server
September 17, 2019, 04:59 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Delana

I think you should open a case with techsupport to get their help.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
September 17, 2019, 05:30 PM
Delana Pellerin
I did that at the same time I opened a Focal Point Post...just in case. Thanks!

Application Edition
SQL Server