Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Accessing IMS Database Using Mainframe FOCUS.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Accessing IMS Database Using Mainframe FOCUS.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Using mainframe FOCUS i only worked with files. Now i have a requirement to work IMS database in mainframes. Can somebody give some informtion how to access the mainframe database throuh Mainframe FOCUS. I searched for some manuals on net but i could not find one.

Thanks - Hassaji

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Output: PDF, HTML, Excel, XML, Internal, WP

Posts: 5 | Location: Hyd, India. | Registered: June 03, 2008Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You need to keep looking. Try looking for a Data Adminstration manual for the mainframe. Even if it is for WebFOCUS, it should be helpful.

Also, have you clicked the Advanced Search option in the upper righthand corner?

Here is a manual that might help:

http://documentation.informationbuilders.com/masterinde..._serveradmin_510.pdf

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
As for DB2 and almost all Data Organisations, Focus access external Data through intefaces (SUFFIX = In MFD, File level).
For IMS-DB, I think that Single Segment SHISAM can be accessed throug SUFFIX = VSAM (Which I think is free of charge).
For More Complicated DL-1 Organisation I think Suffix = DL1 (not free) is the one.
I don't pretend to be accurate, but follow the Suffix informations, it should drive you to the truth ...
I read you're a DB2 guy (SUFFIX = SQLDS). You should then appreciate the Universal Access of Focus and his Universal Join Abilities (Joining IMS and DB2, for instance)
Focusely Yours

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You need to have the IMS Adapter installed and configured. If you do not have it you need to purchase it from IBI. Once installed and configured there are a couple of way to access it. It is documented very well in the manuals.

Scott