Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] visual discovery barcharts and multiple ratios

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] visual discovery barcharts and multiple ratios
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello Everyone

I am trying to create a bar chart in visual discovery with two bars and using the "ratio with" option. And I want each bar to use a different denominator for the ratio. I cannot get it to work. I have my two bars, but each one is using the same col for the denominator.

I assume something needs to be adjusted in this line,

<PARAM NAME="Average" VALUE="FLDA 'FLDB' xnullx">

I want to see the two bars as follows:

FLDA/FLDB
FLDC/FLDD

But currently, I see
FLDA/FLDB
FLDC/FLDB

Does anyone know how to use a different denominator for the second bar? I messed around with the "average" param above for awhile but could not get it to work. I am worried that the ratio with option only accepts one denominator no matter how many cols are showing in the bar graph. There is no way to do this in the gui, but I was hoping to manually adjust that param.

Thanks

Jodye

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jodye,

Has this one been resolved on your side?

I heard from our Visual Discovery people here and the suggestion is to open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services for further assistance.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry

I did open a case and I have not heard anything yet.

Thanks!

Jodye

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Jodye,

Thanks for the update. I just sent a message to the Technical Support Representative who is handling your case about this topic as well. You should hear from the case soon.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post