Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     7.1.1 Graphing Issues

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
7.1.1 Graphing Issues
 Login/Join

posted
Two issues:

1. My graphs display in html format, even if I specify ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT PDF or ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K. How can I make it give me pdf-format or Excel-format graphs?

2. My pie graphs have a tendency to display with the slice labels (the pie feeler labels) cut off at the top. I've tried tweaking the image size and tilting the pie more or less, with no effect. I've pored over the graphing manual, and haven't found anything that sheds light on this--what am I overlooking?

Richard the Blackhearted
Scourge of the Internet

WebFOCUS 7.6.4, AIX 5.3, Win XP Pro SP2 / MRE / Oracle / MS SQL

Posts: 12 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: July 11, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
1. go read this
2. its friday afternoon, and you're going to get some very punchy answers...

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
So depending on the version … and I think we still can't just export graphs to excel or PDF.

You might have to create your graph and save as:

ON GRAPH HOLD AS [holdname] FORMAT SVG [or FORMAT GIF]

Then on a normal report position the graph in the heading or footing. From what I've seen it has to be an image saved then spit out in the Heading of Footing of a report (subfoot and subhead too).

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

posted Hide Post
Susannah and slfmr, you both gave me the same direction on my issue #1, and I think I see the light--thank you.

Still hoping for enlightenment on my feeler labels--even punchy enlightenment would be good.

Richard the Blackhearted
Scourge of the Internet

Expert
posted Hide Post
Richard,

If you're not already aware, there is a great bunch of folks that form the New England Users community (I met them at Summit Smiler).

Their next meeting is in November and I would suggest that it would be a great oppurtunity to network! I am sure that you will get a flood of posts now telling you of the details .....

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony,

It's a bit late where you are--I hope you're on break for the evening?

Thank you for the user community info. Normally of course I shun all human non-Internet contact, however my liquor cabinet's gone a bit dry of late, so I might need to find a place where somebody's buying rounds--I might check into this. Wink

Richard the Blackhearted
Scourge of the Internet

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Try using ROTATE. I think you will see your feelers.

Lenny

(Production: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)
(Test: WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2K/IIS 6/CGI)

Posts: 104 | Location: Boston | Registered: April 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lenny, I tried rotating the pie, as you suggested. It does help in a lot of cases if I move the smallest slices to the side, because those are the most concentrated, and they kept showing up at the top, where the cutoff problem was occurring. Unfortunately there are some sets of data that graph with a label at the top no matter how I rotate it--if I could adjust the rotation for all possible sets of data, I would be fine, but I can't tell ahead of time where labels are going to end up in every possible set of data.

What I was really hoping for was a way to make the graphing tool behave itself--i.e., make sure it keeps all parts of the graph and labels inside the allocated area.

However I think I'll use the rotation option from now on, since it does seem to alleviate the problem in a lot of cases. Thank you for your help, Lenny.

Richard the Blackhearted
Scourge of the Internet