Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]How to increase report caster schedule job run time in WebFOCUS

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]How to increase report caster schedule job run time in WebFOCUS
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi All,

Greetings...!!

This is regarding the issue with report caster scheduler error.
I am facing an issue in my production environment when the daily sales reports are running daily at 8:10 AM CST. I am getting the below error when I checked the status in report caster console. The same report is working fine when I run it from AppStudio and we don't have any issue in our code.

We are getting the issue when the scheduled job is crossing the time 1822 seconds(30 mins).The same job is working fine if the time is below the mentioned time (< 30 mins).

Error Detail:

ERROR FOUND IN A COMPOUND REPORT
Compound Report is TERMINATING.....
Connection to the Reporting Server EDASERVE closed at 2015-10-24 08:40:29.359-0500 (1,445,694,029,359)
Job ran on the Reporting Server EDASERVE for 1793.364 seconds
Task error: THE REPORT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
No report to distribute.

Could anyone help me how to increase the run time for schedule?.

Is there any time limit for report caster agent to process the jobs?

Any help would be appreciated :-).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Sureshkuamr

I am following up with you regarding your time limit on Report Caster.

Please review the following link and see if this helps:
Caster log: Task error:Server disconnected, cause 32012... .

If the above does not help and it is a Production issue then please open a case on IBI InfoResponse at Case Management

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Tamra,

I have checked the connection_limit parameter setting in reporting server console and it is set as "1800".

I hope we don't need to change this value to "-1". Already the connection limit is high.

Let me know your comments and what shall i do now?.

Thanks a lot for your help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sureshkuamr Murugesan,

WebFOCUS 8.0.05 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, Dev/App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5, Adobe Flex Builder, VBA

Posts: 47 | Location: Bengaluru, India | Registered: December 04, 2014Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
The connection limit is set to 1800 (30 minutes) and that is when the job is being killed.

You could try setting this to 1 hour.

You can also create a separate service for report caster and then direct report caster jobs to it. This service could have a lower priority and the connection limit set higher.

https://techsupport.informatio...om/sps/50512025.html

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi CLH,
I tried your suggestion and now the jobs are running fine without any issues.

Thanks for your help on this.