Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Upgrade problems 7.7.05

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1757041136

May 29, 2013, 03:44 PM
FrankDutch
[CASE-OPENED] Upgrade problems 7.7.05
We recently upgraded from 7.7.03 to 7.7.05

This was supposed to be a small upgrade in fact more a hot fix .
But we ran into several unexpected errors. Most small but still giving us problems.
Most are solved now but one still gives us headaches.
Almost all our dashboard reports are in the the MRE and therefore we have created several domains and separated dashboard.
Most users have a basic rights named USER.
Many reports just run from that dashboard, without any problem, but we have a few bit more complex reports with combined HTML, drop down list and selection options.
These reports won't run, unless we give the user the MRE ADMINISTRATOR rights.
Until now we did not find the reason.
We have Microsoft Internet explorer installed.
What we see on the screen is the drop down selection , if it based on a master it works, but the sub reports do not appear.

We have searched a lot...

Anybody who has the same experiences?
Ideas about solving this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

May 30, 2013, 08:01 AM
MattC
We never went to 7.7.05 from 7.7.03, so I am not sure exactly. There shouldn't be much of a security difference I wouldnt think.

Only think I can think of is if you look at the properties of the report fex in MRE, there is an option to "Do not show on users list". Could this be checked causing basic users not to be able to run the report?

WebFOCUS 8.1.05
May 30, 2013, 09:44 AM
Prarie
quote:
MRE ADMINISTRATOR

Frank who thought to try that? Interesting.

Did you report this to IBI...I would be interested in what they said...since I was thinking of going to 7.7.05

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
We're testing v7.7.05 and haven't encountered this problem...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
Prairie
We did have IBI tech 2days in the house without finding anything. The idea of changing the users to mradmin came up because we as developers have those rights and did not have any problem on ant report. Nor on the test environment nor in production.
And since the problem did not occur on every report we stumbled on it after installing the upgrade. The end user came to us complaining.
But there seems to be a solution. Today we spoke with maryann from IBI and she came with a easy workaround and told us she has had the same thing for an other customer, and there is a hot fix available .
So we hope the hotfix will solve this tomorrow.
The work around is, a setting in the system configuration.
Goto client_settings
_managed_reporting
See...mr_anonymous_run_access...change this from no to yes and everybody can do much more then he could before.
We all understand this is like opening the front door for everybody. But it is almost the only way till we have the hotfix.

I keep you informed

Frank

Verrrry interesting....

Frank, could you please be more specific about what types of complex reports you're having problems with? These are reports, not parameter screens built with HTML Composer? The HTML is embedded in a fex?

Thanks very much,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
Not reports.
These are all or lamst all parameter screen Esther builders with html composer and all are using either self developed JavaScript or are build in the HTML composer and have one or more drop down lists and I-frames with sub reports.

There also was the idea it might have something to do with the MRNOEDIT command.

As said ...to be continued

Frank

Frank,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just tested a parameter screen built using HTML Composer - it uses a Tree Control with radio buttons. The Tree Control does not get populated. The status bar states "Retrieving Data...", then "Populating Controls..." but the control does not get populated. In IE 8 we get the "long running" JavaScript warning, in IE 9 nothing happens, until I click on another control, for example Output Format radio button, then I get the "long running" message.

Francis