Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MULTIPLE HTML TAGS
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am trying to get rid of having multiple HTML tags output to the browser when you view the source on a page/report.

I read the tips on how to add an image within a fex inside the tags anywhere on the page, and what I am wondering is, is it possible to add something specifically between the generated HEAD tags?

I want to put the no-cache there, but since it's a FEX file that is run and generated, how can I say put this line within the HEAD tags?

So essentially my question is, how do I put this line:

META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache" (with carat tags)

in a FEX file... not an HTML file so that it will appear between the HEAD (with carat tags) in the browser view source?

Thanks for your help...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slfmr,

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Something like this?

-* Report. Business logic.
TABLE FILE CAR
  SUM SALES
  BY COUNTRY
  ON TABLE HOLD AS REPORT FORMAT HTMTABLE
END    
-RUN

-* Output. Presentation logic.
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
  <head>
    <title>My report</title>
    <meta .... />
  </head>
  <body>
    !IBI.FIL.REPORT;
  </body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

regards,
Mikel

WebFOCUS 8.1.05, 8.2.01

Posts: 173 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mikel,

I see what you are saying... put my whole report in a HOLD file and then us the HTML Begin and End to execute... so simple I should have thought of that.

I was running the report then trying to do the HTML Begin and End but it was making everything off...

Thanks so much, that worked great!!

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
slfmr,

Could you please tell us what the code

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

does?

And how does it "get rid of having multiple HTML tags output to the browser when you view the source on a page/report"?

Thanks,

Francis.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
pF, this chunk of code in the head tags should, if all is working well, prevent the current displayed page from being cached by the end user's browser, in IE only.
There is other syntax for other browsers.
and to keep T happy, the / before the closing bracket.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That's correct Susannah. So it doesn't cache the page, so that when it reloads it will be of the most recent pull of the database or whatever it may be.

In answer to your question Francis, that line of code doesn't help get rid of multiple HTML tags in the browser, that was a problem in it self. I had a separate HTML file with that line of code (for the no cache problem) and then ran a report. This was giving me 2 sets of HTML tags.

What I had needed was a way to insert that line of code and run the report so that it would output in one pair of tags.

I apologize if I wasn't clear.
Thank you!

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have a question regarding html calls within a fex report.

For a drill down, can I make the drill down call an http reference?

TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=COUNTRY,STYLE=BOLD,FOCEXEC=&THISFEX,$

so instead of calling a FOCEXEC I want it to call:

http : //some.name.com:11111/some_folder/application/executeSomething.do?parameter1=PARAM

I put a space between the http and colon so that it wouldn't turn it into an acutal URL link.

Is this possible or would I have to do the stylesheet styling all in HTML in order for this to happen?

Thank you for any replies!

Stacy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slfmr,

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Stacy,

There is even a control word for a drilldown item to a URL, and strangely enough it is URL.

TYPE=DATA, URL=HTTP://www.google.com, $

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Oh.. okay I had never seen that. There is so much to WebFocus that I am now exploring since I took a break from actually creating new reports and just editing old ones.

Thanks so much for the input, that helps a lot!

Dev Studio - 7.6.6

Expert
posted Hide Post
Stacy,

You're welcome. I had tried to check the documentation for the extra pieces of syntax, but got fed up trying to find it.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post