As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.
What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.
During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.
The web components should be deployed to approot on the client machine. You should never store customer-specific files in ibi_html as that is a vendor directory, is often locked down to the user, and there would be heck to pay at upgrade time.This message has been edited. Last edited by: GinnyJakes,
I've deployed my self-service apps to /approot/ folders, but WebFocus seems to think that the web components should be in /ibi_html/ !
The menu pages, .fex's with -HTMLFORM's, reference image and static .htm files by their file name alone. And they are all in the same folder, say /ibi/apps/menu/. When I run the first 'page', the images are missing, and the links don't work. When I check the expected path for the missing files, they come up as /ibi_html/menu/filename ??
I tried inserting a SET BASEURL = 'http://localhost:8080/approot/menu/', but that only seems to work for the one page, and not the next. I hesitate to put it in edasprof until I understand what is going on, and I'm not close to that state yet !
I passed this to internals and here is the suggestion: since it looks like the deployment scenario has been changed AFTER the development, please open a case with techsupport so it can be worked out exactly what you need.
Kerry Zhan Focal Point Moderator Information Builders, Inc.
Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004
I have little or no experience in deploying. Reason is that most of the maintains I create are created on my PC in a vmware image, and then also in a non-networked environment, stand-alone so to speak. When the maintain is finished, I put everything on a usb stick and copy it over to the target system. This can be a unix based system or another windows based - anything basically that runs the webfocus version of maintain. Only thing I look out for is that the two environments are exactly the same in terms of pathing. It always works for me...
- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007
I did a lot of reading and experimenting with the old code I'm working with to migrate from AIX 5.3 to Win 7.6 (with the techniques of a number of previous developers with different experience and skill..)
The linking boiled done to
Embedded Links in WF Menu program files: ---------------------------------------- Static, or WF called .htm: SRC="../images/search.gif"
-HTMLFORM in .fex: SRC="../approot/images/search.gif" location.href = "../approot/appname/menu3.htm
I didn't want any absolute URLs, so the code would be more portable, so all these references are relative, but based on the IBI approot, respected by both the web server and reporting server. Notice that we have consolidated our image 'library'. Maintain images are a different story, and addressed in a different thread here.
The deployment is not a problem now, it all goes to /approot/ !
And, when we have the Client on another server, we just create a 2nd deployment scenario for only the web components, to /approot/ on that machine.
/ibi_html is out of the loop for our self-service applications. And I'm much more comfortable with that.
So far things are working out fine, but I'll add any new wrinkles if we run into them.
I'm starting to notice that the App Dir./ Project folder approach that IBI and Dev. Studio takes is not very conducive to shared resources...