Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]HIPER LEFT - JOIN ISSUE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]HIPER LEFT - JOIN ISSUE
 Login/Join

posted
System MVS/P390 - Mainframe FOCUS Version 7.3.0A

Hi,
I'm joining two files TIER00DJ and CNTRPRCD:

JOIN TIER_SID IN TIER00DJ TO ALL TIER_SID IN CNTRPRCD AS J2

I'm holding TIER00DJ and it has 1,709 records.

The CNTRPRCD file is indexed on joined field (which is P3 - numeric field). This file contains 2,522 records.

Potentially I can have 4,310,098 records after I join. I'm expecting to have more than 3,000,000 rows anyway. I haven't had this issue before; this is first time the input files are as large.

The error I'm getting is the HIPER LEFT; output file/join result is too large.

I use following settings:
SET EXTSORT = ON
SET AUTOTABLEF = ON
SET SAVEMATRIX=OFF

I know the output file is too large but I can't think of work around to accomplish such task that would work beside join.

Any help/work around is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alaga

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Expert
posted Hide Post
See if you can't make FOCSORT bigger.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ginny,

I have increased FOCSORT and it didn't change anything. Job is still failing with the same error.

Thank you for suggestion though.
Alaga

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Some questions: What is the actual FOCUS error you're getting? You'll see something like '(FOC' followed by some numbers. What type of file is CNTRPRCD? Is it a hold file like TIER00DJ or is it some other file type (ie: flat, database, etc). Does TIER_SID occur only once in TIER00DJ or can it occur multiple times?

Data Migrator 5.3, 7.1, 7.6
WebFOCUS 7.1, 7.6, 7.7
SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
Windows

posted Hide Post
Ginny,

I increased FOCSORT (see below) and it did the trick.
//FOCSORT DD UNIT=(SYSDA,10),
// SPACE=(CYL,(100,20))
//FOCSORT DD SPACE=(CYL,(100,20))

Thank you so much for your help.
Alaga

Expert
posted Hide Post
Good job, Alaga. I am happy that my suggestion worked for you.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jessica,

The issue has been resolved by increasing FOCSORT size.

If you need additional info let me know.

Thanks,
Alaga

posted Hide Post
How can i increase FOCSORT limit.where it is located ?

quote:
Originally posted by Alaga:
Ginny,

I have increased FOCSORT and it didn't change anything. Job is still failing with the same error.

Thank you for suggestion though.
Alaga

WebFOCUS 8
Unix, All Outputs