Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] App Studio Warning Message

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] App Studio Warning Message
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I updgraded from 8.0.05 to 8.0.07 and installed App Studio. Updated the Server, client and Dev Studio.

App Studio connects fine to my environments but on startup, I get the following message,

"WFSCom - Warning: potential problem working with Production
The environment being connected to does not have updated files rqeuired for proper functioning of the HTML Canvas."

Dev Studio connects fine without any messages at all. No problems connecting to the WebFOCUS Administration Console or Reporting server

I get this for each of my environments. Any ideas what still needs to be updated?

Thanks,
Brian

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brian,

WF: 8.1.03, OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Output formats: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
When you downloaded the product, there were several other files available one of which is a document that explains how you need to apply some patches to each remote WebFOCUS 8.0.07 environment you will access. Once you apply those patches that message will no longer show.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
App Studio will require 8007 WebFOCUS Client and WebFOCUS Reporting server as well as the patches that are included on the download site when using a Remote connection.

Thanks Barry

WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio

Posts: 80 | Location: NYC | Registered: November 13, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I found the updates and applied them to all of the environments and the warnings are gone.

Thanks,
Brian

WF: 8.1.03, OS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Output formats: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 15 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Brian, which specific updates in the document are you referring? I'm currently in the process of installng app studio 8.0.7 in my machine as well. I got the same warning message.

Webfocus 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
David or anybody, can you please point us to those documents. We just downloaded app studio release 8008 and are experiencing the same issues.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This message means that the WebFOCUS you are hitting is at the 8007 level and has not been patched with the updates provided for 8007. In using App Studio 8008, it is best to go against WebFOCUS 8008 which requires no patches.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Guru
posted Hide Post
Thanks, turns out they forgot to install the client...

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks David, and all, Now, just to get this coordinated between my machine and the servers...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post