Focal Point
Amper in a drilldown value

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1771097331

August 24, 2004, 09:39 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Amper in a drilldown value
I have a fex with a drilldown that passes several values. One of them contains an amper (e.g. &COM PANY=A&M). In the hyperlink URL, this gets translated to &COMPANY=A%26M. But in the drilldown program I get the following error:

(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: M

What can I do? Is the only solution CTRANing the & for something else?

Thanks,

Pietro.
August 24, 2004, 09:48 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Sorry, jumped the gun there!

I had coded some dialog manager using .EVAL to avoid a bunch of extra apostrophes, this was causing the error.

When the DM variable value contains a &:

BAD:

-SET &SEL1 = IF &COMPANY EQ '' THEN '' ELSE 'WHERE COMPANY EQ ''&COMPANY.EVAL''';

GOOD:

-SET &SEL1 = IF &COMPANY EQ '' THEN '' ELSE 'WHERE COMPANY EQ ''' || &COMPANY || '''';
August 24, 2004, 09:51 PM
Leah
Don't know if this will work, but we've had instances where we wanted an '&' used in a report or heading and had to fake out with a default value:

-DEFAULT &T = &T
August 24, 2004, 11:23 PM
susannah
Well, even the escape char probably won't work for you because the & in a drilldown signals a new variable.
I think your best bet is that CTRAN from a 38 to a 43 (you're in ascii?) or a 80 to a 78 if you're in ebcidic. That's a + sign.

uh.. you just changed from a drilldown problem to a filter problem. ... so ignore me. Big Grin