Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Compound report ignores CLOSE in HTML format?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Compound report ignores CLOSE in HTML format?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi all,

It seems to me that the "CLOSE" does not close compound reports in HTML format. Is this a bug? I had to have a workaround to resolve the problem.
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR MODEL
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML CLOSE
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR MODEL
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML CLOSE
END

The same result's for the "SET COMPOUND = OPEN/CLOSE".

Thanks,
Pku

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pku,

Thanks,
Pku

Focus, WebFocus 8201 on Windows

Expert
posted Hide Post
You have two CLOSE statements.

The first TABLE FILE should have the OPEN.
The last TABLE FILE should have the CLOSE.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Waz,

In the sample code, I have wanted to demonstrate that the code supposed to generate one report which have have COUNTRY=JAPAN because of the "CLOSE" statement. However, there were two reports generated.

Thanks,
Pku

Thanks,
Pku

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi Pku,

To answer your question if i understand correctly, CLOSE will not terminate from the execution. When I run your code, YES, it will display two tables, because execution not over yet for that session.
Please let us know, what are you trying to achieve?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Rifaz,

"CLOSE" will terminate the execution for PDF/EXCEL formats from the same sample code above, you will get one table in PDF/EXCEL formats instead of two tables in HTML. I have tried to output compound reports in three formats:PDF/EXCEL/HTML. Some reports will be suppressed depending on selections from a GUI. Hence, we have used "CLOSE" to terminate the report execution at some points where I do not want it to continue generate the reports after the "CLOSE". It worked well in the version 7.703. However, after upgrading to the version 8.05, the "CLOSE" does not work for the HTML format any more.

Thanks,
Pku

Thanks,
Pku

Guru
posted Hide Post
"CLOSE" does NOT teminate the execution of code in PDF/EXCEL!

What is does is to close the temporary file that has been left open to append the resulting compound document. Web Browsers are unable to show more that one PDF or Excel document (actually most programs that display these files have the same issue) - This is not a limitation of WebFOCUS but the way that PDF and Excel files are built.

If you watch the reporting server running your FEX you will see that all parts of the report are still run - regardless of whether "CLOSE" is present or not.

If you really want to stop execution then you need to use Dialogue Manager to -EXIT or -GOTO another location in the FEX.

If you read the documentation you will see that OPEN/NOBREAK/CLOSE are only supported with EXCEL, PS and PDF formats. The fact that it "worked" for you in WF77X was a bug rather than a feature - there are a few of these that get "fixed" as time goes by and the code is tightened.

Cheers

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post