Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Adding filters to the responsive design template
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[SOLVED] Adding filters to the responsive design template
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello,

I have been trying to create a responsive html page. I created a responsive html page using the HTML Wizard and selected 'Custom' option in responsive templates. My plan is to create 1-1-1 template which accommodates 3 charts. But, I could not add filters on top of this template. I would like to add 7 filters which sits above these graphs and pass parameter value to these graphs. When I pull a chart into one of the containers a filter panel can be created from the filters in the chart. But, I cannot position the filters based on my preference.Please let me know if you have even a small input to make this possible. Thanks in advance.
My WF Version: 8201
Regards
BI DEV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Posts: 71 | Registered: June 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Look at these, it may help
Responsive Design & Template

Responsive Design

WF versions : Prod 8.2.0.1M gen 240, Dev 8.2.04 gen 48, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2224 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sure, Thank you Martin.

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Posts: 71 | Registered: June 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Those videos were great, and they answered most of my questions. I have one lingering question though.

I followed the steps outlined in the manual titled Business Intelligence Portal Release 8.2 Version 04" and dated Aug. 16, 2018 to create a filter panel and a responsive page along with content. Specifically, I followed chapter 8 beginning on page 273 to create a filtered dashboard page. Step Two has you create content using a reporting object. The reporting object is the one with all the filters.

When I get to step 4 (combining the filter and content) on the portal page), I end up with two sets of filters. One set is the filter panel; the other is the set in the parameterized content. Clearly, I am missing something. Do I create content without parameters, but ensure all the same fields are available in the content? I do not want the automatically created filters or its hamburger icon. I want the content to use the filter panel created in AppStudio as a filter panel as in step three.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 147 | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does your content report/graph have the
- "prompt for parameters" property on ?
- or your fex -DEFAULT are missing the H (-DEFAULTH)

WF versions : Prod 8.2.0.1M gen 240, Dev 8.2.04 gen 48, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2224 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Martin,

Thank you for the post. I set some of the DEFAULTH lines in my content. That removed the extra filter panel with the hamburger icon.

I so appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 147 | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post