Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Adding filters to the responsive design template

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Adding filters to the responsive design template
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello,

I have been trying to create a responsive html page. I created a responsive html page using the HTML Wizard and selected 'Custom' option in responsive templates. My plan is to create 1-1-1 template which accommodates 3 charts. But, I could not add filters on top of this template. I would like to add 7 filters which sits above these graphs and pass parameter value to these graphs. When I pull a chart into one of the containers a filter panel can be created from the filters in the chart. But, I cannot position the filters based on my preference.Please let me know if you have even a small input to make this possible. Thanks in advance.
My WF Version: 8201
Regards
BI DEV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Look at these, it may help
Responsive Design & Template

Responsive Design

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, Thank you Martin.

Webfocus 8105/8202
Windows
All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Those videos were great, and they answered most of my questions. I have one lingering question though.

I followed the steps outlined in the manual titled Business Intelligence Portal Release 8.2 Version 04" and dated Aug. 16, 2018 to create a filter panel and a responsive page along with content. Specifically, I followed chapter 8 beginning on page 273 to create a filtered dashboard page. Step Two has you create content using a reporting object. The reporting object is the one with all the filters.

When I get to step 4 (combining the filter and content) on the portal page), I end up with two sets of filters. One set is the filter panel; the other is the set in the parameterized content. Clearly, I am missing something. Do I create content without parameters, but ensure all the same fields are available in the content? I do not want the automatically created filters or its hamburger icon. I want the content to use the filter panel created in AppStudio as a filter panel as in step three.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does your content report/graph have the
- "prompt for parameters" property on ?
- or your fex -DEFAULT are missing the H (-DEFAULTH)

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Martin,

Thank you for the post. I set some of the DEFAULTH lines in my content. That removed the extra filter panel with the hamburger icon.

I so appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
FocalPoint Community,

First, I hope everyone is staying well out there.

Second, I'm reopening this post to ask a point of clarification. It's been so long since I did this task I am having difficulty remembering how I completed it earlier.

At what point do you add the DEFAULTH statements? Is there a clear sequence that will make a difference?

It seems no matter at what point in the process I add those statements I still experience the hamburger icon with an extra set of filters.

Here are two possible scenarios:
1. Write WHERE statements in reporting object.
2. Create filter panel in AppStudio.
3. Return to reporting object. Continue creating the report, adding any DEFAULTH statements.
4. Combine in the portal.

OR

In a second scenario:

1. Write WHERE statements.
2. Finish creating reporting object, adding any DEFAULTH statements.
3. Build filter panel in AppStudio.
4. Combine reporting object and filter panel in portal designer as above.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JulieA,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It seems I cannot change the SOLVED to regular status because I didn't start this thread. I'm hoping someone sees this.

quote:
Originally posted by JulieA:
FocalPoint Community,

First, I hope everyone is staying well out there.

Second, I'm reopening this post to ask a point of clarification. It's been so long since I did this task I am having difficulty remembering how I completed it earlier.

At what point do you add the DEFAULTH statements? Is there a clear sequence that will make a difference?

It seems no matter at what point in the process I add those statements I still experience the hamburger icon with an extra set of filters.

Here are two possible scenarios:
1. Write WHERE statements in reporting object.
2. Create filter panel in AppStudio.
3. Return to reporting object. Continue creating the report, adding any DEFAULTH statements.
4. Combine in the portal.

OR

In a second scenario:

1. Write WHERE statements.
2. Finish creating reporting object, adding any DEFAULTH statements.
3. Build filter panel in AppStudio.
4. Combine reporting object and filter panel in portal designer as above.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Difficult to give you a clear answer JulieA

Seems that all answers are already in that post from Sept 23 to Sept 24
And what you've done between the two days to make it run more than what you wrote... can't say...

Maybe you should follow the steps from the beginning once again...

In Focus since 2007