Focal Point
[CLOSED] Embed .gif file in EXL2K report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/179106735

September 30, 2010, 01:26 PM
Tim Easley
[CLOSED] Embed .gif file in EXL2K report
I have an enormous focexec that creates a compound Excel spreadsheet with a chart embedded on the 1st worksheet. WebFOCUS creates the chart and saves it as a .gif file then I define a column with the img tag to include it in the report that creates the 1st sheet.

This all works great except when I open the spreadsheet on a machine that cannot access the .gif file on our internal network.

Is there a method to embed the .gif file within the spreadsheet so they are not 2 separate files?

I know when you create a spreadsheet with Excel and include images it becomes part of the spreadsheet, but I don't know if this is supported in WebFOCUS.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 05, 2010, 03:02 PM
Kerry
Hi Tim,

Per our technicals: There have been several new feature requests for this, but it hasn’t been implemented. If you would like to submit another request, and/or to be notified when this is implemented, please open a case with Customer Support Services. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.