Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Calling multiple drilldowns from one report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Calling multiple drilldowns from one report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a fex file that is calling 4 different focus files depending on the value in the apmer variable "&DISPLAY". I tired this approach:

ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
FOCEXEC=app/rpt01.fex(QTR = &DISPLAY),
FOCEXEC=app/rpt02.fex(GRP = &DISPLAY),
FOCEXEC=app/rpt03.fex(LN = &DISPLAY),
FOCEXEC=app/rpt04.fex(NO = &DISPLAY),
TARGET='_BLANK',
$
ENDSTYLE

but I get an error of duplicate vlaues because all of them are getting the same value. I tried IF statement also but it always goes to the first report regardless of &DISPLAY value.

Is there any other approach to handle this situation.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe like this:
quote:
-SET &PROCEDURE = IF &DISPLY EQ 1 THEN 'app/rpt01'
- ELSE IF &DISPLY EQ 2 THEN 'app/rpt02'
- ELSE IF &DISPLY EQ 3 THEN 'app/rpt03'
- ELSE IF &DISPLY EQ 4 THEN 'app/rpt04' ELSE 'DUMMY';

ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA,
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&DISPLAY' GRP='&DISPLAY' LN='&DISPLAY' NO='&DISPLAY'),
TARGET='_BLANK',
$
ENDSTYLE

This way the name of the procedure has become a variable. Although all procedures will receive all four different variables, each one will only use the variable that is meant for it.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It worked GamP! Thanks.

I have a little modification, earleir all 4 files had one parameter "&DISPLAY", now the requirement is rpt01 should remain same but rpt02 should have 2 variables (&BY_DISPLAY, &YRQTR), rpt03 should have 3 (&BY_DISPLAY, &YRQTR, &PRGRP) and rpt04 should have 4 (&BY_DISPLAY, &YRQTR, &PRGRP, &PRLN).

I tried putting all of them on the same line but it doesn't seem to work at:
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&DISPLAY' GRP='&DISPLAY' LN='&DISPLAY' NO='&DISPLAY'),

Will the approach be differet this time.

Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Use Dialogue Manager to generate the specific code required based on the value of &DISPLAY. You can bypass one and stack the other.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Can you please quote an example.

Thanks.

Expert
posted Hide Post
TYPE=DATA,
-IF &DISPLAY EQ 2 GOTO RPT2 ELSE IF &DISPLAY EQ 3 GOTO RPT3 ELSE IF &DISPLAY EQ 4 GOTO RPT4;
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&DISPLAY' GRP='&DISPLAY' LN='&PRLN' NO='&BY_DISPLAY'),
-GOTO ENDDRILL
-RPT2
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&YRQTR' NO='&BY_DISPLAY'),
-GOTO ENDDRILL
-RPT3
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&YRQTR' GRP='&PRGRP' NO='&BY_DISPLAY'),
-GOTO ENDDRILL
-RPT4
FOCEXEC=&PROCEDURE (QTR='&DISPLAY' GRP='&PRGRP' LN='&PRLN' NO='&BY_DISPLAY'),
-ENDDRILL
$

I may not have this exactly correct but I'm sure you will get the idea. Please read up on Dialogue Manager and how it will help you conditionally place things in focstack.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This works fine when I run the report itself, but when I try to run it from the HTML page that has a frame and few filters on the page linked to this report, it crashes. Just to add, this fex is a grpah file.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
This works fine when I run the report itself

means that there is essentially nothing wrong with the code.
You did not say what exactly happens, does the agent really crash, or does it present an error message or ...
It should also not make any difference if the request is a graph or not.
And we have not seen your html page (yet).

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
When I try to change filters on the HTML page, it shows:
"Unknown error occurred. Agent on reporting server EDASERVE may have crashed. Please investigate reporting server log."