Focal Point
Multiple record update via FOCUS screen

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1801087331

May 11, 2004, 01:02 PM
<Marie Dexter>
Multiple record update via FOCUS screen
I am using FOCUS 7.2.3 on VM. I have a FOCUS database that needs to be updated manually by my users. They would like a scrollable update screen that contains one record per line and they would like to update one or more records from the screen. I have been playing around with CRTFORM, but I can't figure out how to do this. Is this possible or is there a better way? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not having much luck with the FOCUS manuals.

Thank you, Marie
May 11, 2004, 01:52 PM
Mikel
Try the MODIFYTALK tool (Talk Technology) to generate a complete FOCUS data maintenance procedure with multi-record management.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Mikel
May 11, 2004, 02:24 PM
<WFUser>
Marie,

I wouldn't recommend using MODIFYTALK. What you're asking for is a MODIFY routine the uses the SPA for updating multiple records. Contact IBI customer support. They should be able to provide a simple example that you can modify.
May 12, 2004, 02:54 PM
Maintain Wizard
Have you considered Maintain? We have an object called the Grid that allows you do change or enter multiple fields in multiple records at one time, and then update it to the database. It is VERY easy to design screens on VM with the MPAINT command.
May 12, 2004, 06:13 PM
Tred
Maintain is the way to go - interactive modify routines are usually three or four times the code.