Focal Point
[CLOSED] HTML file Import into Webfocus Layout Painter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1801088191

October 19, 2006, 07:01 PM
FrontGuru
[CLOSED] HTML file Import into Webfocus Layout Painter
Hi:
Has anyone worked with importing a dreamweaver built html file to layout Painter???

I tried doing that it takes up the file from my desktop but does not allow me to edit the layout i created.

Is there a solution to it???

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
October 23, 2006, 02:57 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm pretty sure Dreamweaver html is not compatible with Dev Studio. There's too much that Dreamweaver can do that the Laout Painter in Dev Stuido will not understand. I would build the report with Layout Painter and then copy the code into the Dreamweaver file. I really would hand code everything.

Cheers,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 24, 2006, 09:29 AM
FrontGuru
I work with that and have tried importing html files into layout painter but no luck.

Is there a topic or article where people had experience in using layout painter in a usability perspective wise???

I'm designing front end design nagivation and data elements place holder for a BI developer to map them with the tables. I was just wondering whether there where any standards that can be followed?
October 26, 2006, 04:00 PM
tglaser
I didn't see a WF version on your post, FrontGuru, so I'm not sure how well I might be able to help.

We upgraded to 7.1.4 over the week-end and are experiencing a number of challenges modifying html forms generated under Report Layout Painter in WF 5.3.4. I can't imagine trying to import Dreamweaver.

The only way I've found to enable non-7.1.4 code in HTML Layout Painter is to open a new HTML Layout Painter file and save it without modification (getting the 7.1.4 jave code). Open the new form in text mode and paste your old html into it. We've found copying and pasting from form-begin tag to form-end tag works best (which is not to say that it will always produce a working form).

Good luck.

WebFocus 7.1.4 Win2K Client

WebFocus 7.1.6 Server
November 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
Michael C.
Like many posts on this topic, I cretaed an HTML page in dreamweaver which contained a 'button'. When this page is opened by Dev Studio [HTML composer] the button is flat not allowing the clickon Event to trigger. Furthermore Dev Studio doesn't recognize it as a button for me to reattach events to.

While I could create the "button" in Dev Studio, I would then loose the other graphic displayed created in Dreamweaver.

If anyone has a solution or even a direction to start looking, please post!

WebFOCUS 8.0.0.2
Windows 7
SQL 2012 / DB2 / etc.
November 15, 2010, 03:23 PM
Francis Mariani
You've resurrected a years-old thread. Performing a search for "dreamweaver" on Tech Support yields 10 results - 7 of which are FocalPoint threads; the other 3 are from a WF Newsletter dated Feb 2004. I don't think this has ever been addressed and I don't think you can import Dreamweaver generated pages into Layout Painter.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server