Focal Point
[CLOSED] Chart with Input Elements or Slicers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1807073176

June 24, 2014, 11:02 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
[CLOSED] Chart with Input Elements or Slicers
Folks,

I want to create a chart in a panel as part of WebFOCUS 8 portal, which should be change based on a drop down selection. The dropdown should be shown at top of the panel. Sample image shown below How to do this? I tried Active in the portal, doesn't help.

P.S : I don't want to go for HTML composer, as the same tab in the portal will be having multiple other charts. Also not the List or Radio option in the InfoAssist document composer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
June 25, 2014, 09:57 AM
<Emily Duensing>
If I understand your questions correctly, you can still use the HTML Composer to create the page with the parameter at the top (that will work for the graph) and then just put that page in a panel on the portal... then your other panels with other data can sit along side in the portal as well.
June 25, 2014, 08:35 PM
StuBouyer
Instructions for doing what Emily suggests can be found in Chpater 11. Filtering Reports Using an HTML Composer Form of the Business Intelligence Portal manual - http://documentation.informati...80biportal/index.htm

You can choose to have the Form filter only the current Portal page or the whole Portal. As long as you use consistent names for your parameters you can reuse a single form over many portal pages.

Cheers

Stu

P.S. I can send you a smaple based on the CAR file if needed.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)
June 26, 2014, 03:41 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
Thank you for the response Stubouyer and Emily. I will check the link for a sure.

Also could you please send me that CAR sample @ my ID ram.jesura@gmail.com .. That will be much more helpful and Thank you so much in advance.

Thanks, Ram.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
June 27, 2014, 01:11 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
Thanks much for your code sample Stu.. Will have a look and let you know.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows