Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Opening Graph editor from DEV Studio 7.6

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Opening Graph editor from DEV Studio 7.6
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,
Can I open the graph editor from developer studio 7.6.1 Graph Assistant. If so how will I do it.

I found the steps in one of the document, But it doesnt open up the Graph editor.When I
click edit in Graph assistant nothing is happenning.Can any one help me in this.

Snippet of the document.

1. Click the Edit button located on the Graph Assistant Graph Types tab.
Note: To avoid receiving an error message, deselect the Automatic Positioning option
on the Graph Types tab before you click the Edit button.
2. The graph opens in the Graph Editor.

Thanks,
Srini M

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Srini,
Not exactly sure why this is happening.
Maybe some incompatibility between the Graph editor and the java version you're using?
But, you should be able to open the graph with the Advanced Graph Assistant. This tool is much better for designing cool graphs.
So, just right click the Graph icon within the Procedure viewer and select the second option.
It's great!

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gamp,

Am able to open the Advanced Graph Assistant . But I wanted to implement some graph type which are available in Graph editor. They are not available with AGAssistant. Below is the java version am using.

java version "1.5.0_09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_09-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_09-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Can you please send me some other suggestion.

Or If you can create a graph of types below using graph editor. can you send me the sample code using CAR of any one of these please.

Graph types needed

Vertical Bi-Polar Clustered Bars (GraphType=21)
A Dual-Y chart with the two axes physically split into separate sections, so that each
can be seen independently of the other.

Vertical Bi-Polar Stacked Bars (GraphType=22)
A stacked Dual-Y chart with the two axes physically split into separate sections, so that
each can be seen independently of the other.

Horizontal Bi-Polar Clustered Bars (GraphType=28)
A Dual-Y chart with the two axes physically split into separate sections, so that each
can be seen independently of the other.

Horizontal Bi-Polar Stacked Bars (GraphType=29)
A stacked Dual-Y chart with the two axes physically split into separate sections, so that
each can be seen independently of the other.

Horizontal Percent Bars (GraphType=30)
A bar version of a pie chart. Each group calculates the percent of the total required for
each series. The axis goes from 0 to 100%.

If you can send anyother suggestion is also welcome. Am in need of these things urgently. It will be of timely help.

Thanks,
Srini M

WF 8.0.0.9 Database : oracle

CURRENT:
WebFOCUS 8.0.0.9 /oracle 11 i

Posts: 51 | Registered: September 20, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Srini,

The graph types you mentioned are available in the Advanced Graph Assistant. If you click on the graph icons for BAR in the Chart Type tab, you will see on the right a preview of the graph and an English description. I found several of the types you mentioned.

As for opening the graph tools, either right-click on Procedures, select New, and select either of the tools from the pulldown box. Or you can get to them from the Procedure Viewer.

You don't mention your platform in your post. Is your backend set up properly? Please give us specifics, i.e. operating system, web/app server, etc.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post