Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Accordian Reports in Excel

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Accordian Reports in Excel
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Does anyone know if we can output an accordian report to Excel? The documentation I've read initially says that they are used with HTML reports.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
From what I understand is that the accordian function is done with javascript, so I very much doubt it.

You can always ask for a new feature, and see if IBI can do it.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz. From what I understand also, is that a SET command allows the accordian like features.

Also, from what I thought I initially saw in the documentation about accordian reports, is that it can work with Active Reports. Normally, Active Reports let's you save into Excel. I don't know how that would work with the accordian reports though.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
The command is SET EXPANDABLE ON.

Active Reports are, last time I looked, HTML/javascript based, to accordian is possible. As for exporting the report to excel, I would guess that you would get what you see, not the functionality.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this input also. I may get to where I can play around with it to see what would happen if an accordian active report is exported to Excel.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Gold member
posted Hide Post
the document i read says that PDF and Excel are not supported for Accordion reports. But its supporting in 7.6.11 version...

No idea about any new versions...

WebFocus Version 7.7.05
Windows, HTML/PDF/EXL2K/AHTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to set up what you want, accordian: probably freeze frames?) in an Excel Template and PCHOLD to that?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks....seems like a good suggestion. I don't if it's possible yet. If I get to a point where it's needed here, I may possibly try it. Thanks for the suggestions.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
But its supporting in 7.6.11 version

Which document was it.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
quote:
But its supporting in 7.6.11 version

Which document was it.

Waz, i mentioned tht: read document saying PDF and Excel are not supported for Accordion reports
"Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language
Version 7 Release 1.3" Page no-603.........

"But its supporting in 7.6.11 version"Its nowhere documented

I tried the code on 7.6.11 version and it works..Thts y told its supporting in 7.6.11

WebFocus Version 7.7.05

Gold member
posted Hide Post
So in version 7.6.11 you are able to create accordian reports in PDF and Excel?

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
pivot tables in excel will work the same way

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It is important to note that the Excel 2003 format is a blend and allowed some HTML syntax inside it. People discovered you could bury an HTML style IMG tag in the output and get an image. Not kosure but it worked.
Microsoft totally re-worked the format for 2007 and WebFOCUS has a totally new formater for it that follows their spec. HTML tricks do not work in that format. We've added a native way to but images in that format.
Accordion working in EXl200/2003 was probably an unintended accident.
But please open up a new feature request with the kind of behaviors you would want to see... Would you want the first column to be a + and the rows below it to be hidden at first and then expanded when the + is clicked?

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development

Posts: 200 | Location: NYC | Registered: January 02, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MCKELPA99:
So in version 7.6.11 you are able to create accordian reports in PDF and Excel?

Yes, i'm able to create accordian reports in PDF and Excel in 7.6.11 version

WebFocus Version 7.7.05

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would probably like this in a new feature request. Thanks.

WebFOCUS 7.7.02
Unix
All Output

Expert
posted Hide Post
To create a New Feature Request, you need to log into Techsupport and create acase requesting the feature.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984