Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to get userid of user logged in

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1847040436

October 09, 2013, 04:27 PM
Josh K
[CLOSED] How to get userid of user logged in
I am trying to get the userid of the user logged in to Webfocus, but what I am doing is always returning 'wfadmi'. (No, that's not my userid.) Is there a different way to do this?

-SET &USR = GETUSER(USERID);

-TYPE &USR 

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
October 09, 2013, 04:47 PM
Waz
Are you talking about your network login, MRE login, something else ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

October 09, 2013, 05:08 PM
Josh K
MRE login

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)
October 09, 2013, 05:19 PM
njsden
What Waz is asking has great relevance as it all depends on your particular infrastructure and WebFOCUS components involved.

In my case for instance, we use LDAP authentication to Active Directory on both WebFOCUS Reporting Server and Client.

On the WF Client's Custom Settings (accessible via the WebFOCUS Administration Console > Configuration > Custom Settings), we have the following:

<SET>IBIMR_user(pass)

That allows us to use &IBIMR_user anywhere in our code to determine who is connected.

Being usually on the paranoid side, I prefer to test for the existence of that variable first, falling back on GETUSER() otherwise. This is what I use in the "common" portion of my procedures:

-* Determine connected user ID
-IF &IBIMR_user.EXISTS THEN GOTO :_IBIMR_user;
-SET &IBIMR_user = ' ';
-:_IBIMR_user

-SET &I_USER_ID = IF &IBIMR_user EQ '' OR ' ' OR '.' THEN GETUSER('A80') ELSE &IBIMR_user;
-SET &I_USER_ID = TRUNCATE(&I_USER_ID);

-TYPE Welcome &I_USER_ID !

That way, I can "trust" that &I_USER_ID (my own internal variable) has a valid content I can use for logging or any security-related purposes.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.
October 10, 2013, 08:17 AM
linus
I think you want the connect user.

-SET &UID = CNCTUSR('A15');

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF