Focal Point
[CLOSED] Pass a parameter from radio button to a drill down report on dashboard

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1857029586

March 22, 2017, 09:49 AM
ELockett
[CLOSED] Pass a parameter from radio button to a drill down report on dashboard
I have not found this exact case yet on Focal Point. I'm using InfoAssist Dashboard WF 8.1.05. I have a dashboard with 4 radio button controls that controls 2 graphs and a report. However, the report also has a drilldown that goes to more detail. I need to pass one of the values from one of the radio button controls (value not available in the report) to a drilldown on the report along with some additional columns of the report to bring up the drilldown report. I can't figure out how / where I can specify sending that radio button value to the drilldown report... example... my radiobutton control is called "radiobutton_5"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

App Studio 8.2.03 Windows all formats
March 22, 2017, 09:54 AM
Francis Mariani
You need to pass the parameter to the report, then in the report add this parameter to the drilldown...

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 22, 2017, 10:05 AM
ELockett
Is there a way to display the parameter value in a column...

App Studio 8.2.03 Windows all formats
March 22, 2017, 10:29 AM
WF1326
Once the parameter value is available to the report you can do whatever you want with it. If you want the a column COL1 with the parameter value &PAR1, then you need to define a column like

COL1/A10 = &PAR1;

WebFOCUS
7703/7705/8105m/8201m/8202m

March 22, 2017, 10:43 AM
Francis Mariani
If you don't want to use the parameter in the main report but only in the drilldown report, the parameter value does NOT have to be in a column, you add it to the drilldown with code something like this:

PARAM99=&PARAM99.QUOTEDSTRING \

If you do want the parameter value in a column, follow WF1326's advice. You can also put the parameter value in a report HEADING or FOOTING.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 27, 2017, 02:29 PM
TexasStingray
One thing I use from time to times is cookies. Cookies have to be enabled as WebFOCUS uses them.

Scott